03. Persephone's Question List of the Day

03. Persephone's Question List Of The Day

This wasn't real.

This couldn't be real.

There is a million explanations of what was happening right now, such as this mirror was replaced with some kind of creepy Halloween one, or I hit my head a lot harder then the doctors think and I am suffering from hallucinations or some other ridiculous disease that is making me see whatever the hell I was seeing. But as I kept blinking, it wouldn't go away and I was on the verge of a break down.

The girl— no, the thing— that was in the mirror was not me, it couldn't be me. The reflection looking back at me looked like a zombie out of a gory horror movie, the ones in which you watched at an ungodly hour in the night when you're home alone, and once you start watching it you realize how horrible of an idea it was, and every noise makes you jump out of your skin. The ones where any noise in the kitchen was suddenly a masked serial killer that was coming up the stairs to finish off whatever life you had.

It wasn't something that you should be seeing out of the television screens.

My skin was a sickly grayish color, my veins were a deathly looking brown, my face was rotten, it was covered in gashes and markings that made me want to throw up, in fact, I did a little in my mouth. My teeth were all yellow and rotten— they were disgusting. My hair looked normal, it was still styled perfectly from Lydia, but everything else— not okay. So not okay.

I could barely hear myself scream again as I stumbled back and away from the mirror like it was Miss Trunchbull from the movie Matilda, because come on, you have to be honest with yourself, when you were a kid she scared the living crap out of you.

I didn't even realize that I tripped until I was on the ground, my backside aching from the fall. My body was trembling and shaking, what was wrong with me? Was this kind of sick joke? Quickly looking down at my hands, the rotten looking skin disappeared and only my milky white skin was left. Tears leaked out of my eyes.

I just don't understand.

I knew that I should get up and stop freaking out, I was probably just seeing things, but deep down I knew that I didn't. The feeling of dread filled me and I had no idea why, maybe it was my old self poking out of it's little hiding place, but whatever it was, all I can think is my new self, the one that is suffering from amnesia and is quite petrified, is sitting on the ground not wanting to get back up because she didn't understand why.

I was about to start crying even more, but my bedroom door was swung open, smacking into the wall as a perfectly manicured strawberry blonde stepped through the doorway, a frightened expression set on her face. "Persephone, what the hell! Why did you scream? And why the hell are you on the floor?" Lydia shouted, her hand pressed against her probably fast paced heart.

"I-I don't know, I j-just looked in the mirror an-" I begin to say but was interrupted.

"You're freaking out over how amazing you look, I mean I get that you look incredibly hot and all, but I'm pretty sure your reaction wasn't suppose to be like this." She stated with wide confused eyes.

"No! In the mirror, I can't explain it, i-it just wasn't me!" I exclaimed, trying to figure out how to explain, but realizing that I didn't even understand myself.

"Um, sorry to ruin your little freak out, but I'm pretty sure it was you in the mirror honey." Lydia said amused, which angered me because she wasn't realizing that I was really freaking out.

I shakily got up from the carpeted ground before ushering to the mirror, then wincing at the same sight as before. "N-no! Lydia look!" I said trying to catch her attention.