5- He's Still Here

(AN: Merry Christmas!!!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Freddy returns to his room only to find Vanessa on a laptop doing something that he couldn't make out. As he enters, Vanessa turns around.)

V: Hey Freddy! Did everything go alright?

F: Y-yeah. I guess.

V: What's wrong?

F: Well it's just that, I don't trust the Daycare Attendant with Gregory at all.

V: Let me guess, is it because of the light mechanic?

F: Well yeah, but I don't know. I feel strange now that he's not here.

(Vanessa sets down her laptop and sits both her and Freddy down on his bed.)

V: I think I might know what's going on. I was starting to see signs of it, but I'm almost certain that seems to be the case.

F: What do you mean?

V: I think you're developing a special bond between him.

F: WHAT!!? NO!!! HE'S A CHILD!!!!!

V: NOT LIKE THAT!!!! I mean a FATHERLY bond!!!

F: A fatherly bond? What's that?

V: It means you treat him as like he was your own son.

F: But animatronics can't have kids.

V: Freddy I- (sighs) Look I don't know how to explain this to you. Uh, you want to protect him right?

F: Well of course! I wanna keep him safe from any dangers that come his way!

V: So, you're forming a bond that's NOT ROMANTIC, but instead you want to protect him and even spend time with him right?

F: Well yeah! When we were walking to the Daycare we were talking the whole time. It felt kinda nice. Then he asked if I could go down the slide entrance with him and as much as I didn't want to do it, I did it anyway and it was a lot of fun! So much fun that I didn't want it to...end...

V: See? You're forming a father-son bond with him and that's okay!

F: No it's not.

V: What do you mean?

F: It's not okay! I can't let myself get caught in this again!

V: Freddy?

(Freddy starts panicking, like his system was starting to malfunction or something! Why was he going through this again? It may be different but still!)

V: FREDDY!!!

(Vanessa puts her hand on Freddy's back and he snaps back to reality.)

F: Huh!?

V: Freddy relax! It's okay.

F: (sighs) Sorry. I didn't mean to freak out like that. It's just-

V: You still miss him, right?

(Freddy looks up at Vanessa. She knows exactly what's going on.)

F: Of course I still miss him. He was my everything...

V: Freddy. It's been years since he left. I thought you moved on already.

F: I tried. But every time I do, I keep getting reminded that he still exists. Hence why I never do up that place anymore. Instead I have to force myself to accept where he is right now. Or rather WHO he is right now.

V: Freddy sooner or later you need to learn to let go. Otherwise it's going to be even harder on your system. You could malfunction and be scrapped for good.

F: I'm trying! It's just so hard! Especially since he's not...himself anymore.

V: Look, I understand. And I don't want to rush you, but I think the sooner you do it. The better it will be for you. Okay?

F: Okay.

V: Now come on. We have work to do. I found a spare laptop not connected to the building that Jim left behind. We can use it to find out what's going on with your friends over there. Okay?

F: Okay. Just give me a few minutes.

(Vanessa nods and returns to her work. Freddy looks down at his hands and then over to his deactivated friends.)

F: (In his head) I lost you once. I'm not gonna loose you for good. You're still here. I can still save you. I can save all of you.