This is why we can't have nice things

A/n: I'm going to try to write this in 3rd Person PoV even though I'm used to writing in 1st Person PoV. I'm not a professional, I'm just a high schooler with a lot of free time.

TW/CW: signs of manipulation, bruises, small mentions of ab/se, voluntary not eating

Let me know if I missed any!

(3rd Person PoV)

Tommy stared at the burning pile as the flames grew higher and high and the intoxicating smell of the smoke flooded into his nostrils.

His stuff.

All of it.

Gone.

The masked man dumped a bucket of water onto the flames, washing away what little was left of the pile.

"You see Tommy. This is what happens when you disobey me. I have new rules for you. The Nether is off limits from now on, nobody can come visit you without my permission and I'm limiting your exploring space. You can only come to the river to get water and that's it," Dream said.

Tommy's legs began to tremble.

If there wasn't enough restraining rules, Dream just had to make more.

It was like Dream didn't want Tommy out of his sights and under his thumb.

But that couldn't be it.

Dream only cares for Tommy and his well-being...

Right?

Dream is his friend ... right?

Tommy shivered and hugged himself.

I'm so cold, he thought.

"C-can I go back now?" He asked, meekly.

"Go back where?" Dream asked, quickly.

Tommy pointed to his small hut.

"Oh...sure. Just don't leave that place until I come back. Or else," Dream said. He didn't elaborate on the else but Tommy knew enough to not piss him off.

Tommy trudged back to his hut and went under the covers of his sleeping bag.

He shivered underneath.

It may be winter but in this area, it shouldn't be this cold and yet...Tommy was cold, head to toes.

It's cold. Why is it cold? He thought.

He let out a small whimper as he continued to shiver.

There were holes in his bag so there wasn't anything to help cover for the cold. And even then, it was too thin to even warm him up.

No, be strong! Deal with the cold or Dream will kick you for making weakling noises, Tommy thought, angrily.

But I'm so cold. Even my old house was warmer than this, another voice crept into his mind.

No, I were exiled for a reason! Now deal with it! Tommy thought with all of his might.

Reason my a*s! It's all because of that homeless blob that I was exiled! That same voice scolded him.

Shut! Tommy shook his head violently before shutting his eyes tightly.

He didn't want to argue with himself, that was too tiring.

Also he didn't want people thinking that he was crazy, arguing with himself.

He's not crazy! He's Tommy 'Big Man' Innit! Big men aren't crazy.