Bonding Time

(1st Person PoV: Techno's)

I looked down at the blond boy who was on the floor, begging. I haven't seen Tommy swoop this low to ask for something.

He usually does the puppy eyes.

"Please train me Technoblade! I want to be your apprentice! Show me how to fight as you can! Train me train me train me!" Tommy asked, loudly.

"But why? I'm genuinely curious, why would you want me to train you?" I asked.

I wanted to know his reason before I give him my answer.

"Well...I see how you fight and how you are undefeated and the closest that you have come to being defeated is with that duel with....him...and even then, you came up with an opportunity to beat him and you're still undefeated. So I thought since...you know, him...I want to be able to defend myself!" Tommy explained.

"But Tommy, you can fight. I have seen you," I pointed out.

"Yeah but...I always lost to him. Even when that duel meant that L'Manberg could have it's freedom, I still lost. I ended up giving up an important item to make sure that L'Manberg would be safe. I was a fool," Tommy said.

"A fool for challenging him to a duel or L'Manberg's freedom?" I asked.

"Both."

"Oh....,"

"So please!" Tommy sat on his knees, clasped his hands together and looked up at me, making puppy dog eyes, "train me Techno! Show me your ways!"

Not the puppy dog eyes! I thought.

I don't have many weaknesses but that! That right there! Puppy dog eyes are one of them.

"Fiiiiiine! Tomorrow, at dawn! Bring nothing and meet me at my training ground. I'll take care of the weapons and the dummies so don't worry," I assured him.

"Really? That's real poggers of you, Techno!" Tommy jumped up before instantly regretting it, "Aaah! Too fast! Too fast! Too fast!"

I softly smiled before turning away.

I may regret this, I may not. But Tommy has a point about Dream. On a one on one duel, Tommy always loses to Dream. Tommy has killed Dream multiple times but never in a one on one duel. I guess he wants to hone his skills. I'll show him some skills. Enough to be able to defend himself from Dream, I thought as I went to my room to rest.

(Le time skip to tomorrow because I said so)

"I'm here Techno!" Tommy appeared with Ares at his side.

"Good, catch," I tossed him a wooden sword and he caught it.

I have already set up the dummies and cleared off some of the snow that fills up the training grounds.

"We'll start off with what you know. Attack this dummy here with your sword. Make sure Ares doesn't attack with you for now," I explained.

"Ok! Ares, stay," Tommy said.

Ares sat down and watched as Tommy ran towards the dummy and attacked it.

I watched as well and saw that Tommy doesn't have bad skills.

Guess war does that to you. And that thought saddens me.

But I can see where Tommy needs work.

When he swings down, he leaves too much of an opening for his opponent to attack.

Some of his footwork could use some work and is slow with some of them.