$5.25 dirt shack

(1st Person PoV: Techno's)

I felt an immense chill when Tommy said that.

I could feel the genuine sadness in Tommy's voice and his urgency of him wanted L'Manberg gone.

I understand why. They haven't been treating him well and he's hurt.

Phil understood that too.

"Tommy...,"

"But if you were to burn it all down...," Tommy wiped his eyes and taking a deep breath.

"Can I help you?"

"Heeeh?"

"I want to help. It might be better if you have someone else that is on your side and who knows L'Manberg well. And doesn't have any ulterior motives like Dream has," Tommy explained.

"That is true but...are you sure about this Tommy?" I asked.

"Yes I'm f*cking sure," Tommy took another deep breath. "I have never felt more sure than I ever have before."

"How did you come to the realization?" Phil asked.

"I guess there was this nagging feeling since exile but maybe when they took Techno and I as prisoners. So please...let me help," Tommy said.

Phil and I exchanged looks.

This plan that I had that I thought for sure that it wouldn't work...it was spinning itself into play. This can be our window of chance to take down the government. To destroy L'Mamberg once and for all!

But would Tommy actually go through with this?

I don't mind the extra help but...

I shook my head.

Nah, I'm being paranoid...am I? I'll think about it later, I thought.

The voices didn't quite agree with me on that though. They kept screaming at me to not trust anyone, to spill blood and to not get betrayed again.

I shut my eyes tight and slowly shook my head to drive the voices out. I cannot let them take over.

"Alright Tommy. You can help and I assume that you're coming along?" I turned to Phil.

"We always had each other's backs," Phil slowly nodded.

"So...what do we tell the homeless man?" Tommy asked.

"He said that we can make a deal with him? What if we tell him to leave you alone for a long time in exchange of him helping us with destroying L'Manberg?" I suggested.

Both Tommy and Phil took a while to think about this.

To me, I thought it was a solid idea.

Dream would appear to get what he wants but in actuality, the only thing that he'll get is L'Manberg gone and nothing else.

I'm not sure exactly what he wants from Tommy and why did he even torment him in exile? But it can't be good.

However, during that time when Dream leaves Tommy alone, and that we have to make sure that he sticks by that, Tommy can continue his training to become stronger and actually fend himself from Dream.

That way, it doesn't benefits Dream! It benefits Tommy instead.

I shared my thoughts with them both and both of their faces lit up in realization.

"So we trick him in a way?" Tommy asked and I nodded.

"While he leaves you alone during that period of time, you can continue your training to fight against Dream when he inevitably comes back to get you. Personally I think that it's a solid idea," I replied.