Chapter |14|

Intruder and plan

Aurum's pov:

     |• Waking up from my sleep was my body's most stupid idea, the morning air is cold and I immediate went back to cover myself with the thick blankets.

My eyes landed on the person beside me, Jeremy.

I smiled softly, lifting my fmhand to carse his face...

"How cute you are when you're asleep"

I noticed that his arm is also wrapped around my waist and I shook my head, try not to chuckle. "What are you going to without me?", I whispered.

But it seems it was loud enough for him to  open his eyes, unwrap his arm from me and laid his palm on mine, bringing closer to his face. He turns  his head to the side and kissed the lower part of my palm with his eyes closed.

"I don't think I'll feel this way again if I'm without you"

How charming...

He then glanced at me, "Goodmorning, darling", he smirked. I huffed and turned heis head back to hmface me, I lifted myself and kissed his patched cheek that I treated after our sparing yesterday.

"Goodmorning to you too, Jeremy", I smiled.

"Now, I should get ready, Lady Roxana is waiting for me", I muttered out, my voice was deeper than usual since it's still morning.

Jeremy seems to frown at that, "Fine, as long as you're spending the afternoon with me then it's fine", he said. I smiled, "thank you, Jeremy", I kissed his cheek for the last time this morning...

After an hour of preparation, I walked out of my room with a maid in tow. This made is troublesome, I somehow need to get rid of her once I leave this place...

I arrived in front of Roxana's room, I knocked, "Lady Roxana, it's me, Aurum Lapis...", I said.

It's been a while since I've said my name, have I? I'm so used to visitors back at the mansion that I need to introduce myself hindred of times...

A response, "Come in." So the maid besides me opened the door, and I walked in, leaving the maid behind. I walked closer towards her, "Goodmorning, Lady Roxana", I greeted with a polite smile.

She smiled back, "Take a seat."

After doing so, I picked up the tea from the table and took a sip. "What is there you wish to discuss with me, lady Roxana?", I asked hopeful.

She brought down her cup, "I know a secret passage that will open soon, I've already told Cassis about this. That passage is always closed and is only opened during a certain period of time, and that time is neer", she explained.

I leaned fireward at that. "Lady Roxana, if I may...call someone that might add assistance to our escape?", I asked.

She looked confused, "Yes, of course..."

I leaned back and goanced at the window...

I whispered softly the name i've been wanting to say.

"Xiao..."

Green swirls appeared besides me and a figure appeared, "My lady..."

Roxana stood up from her chair, "Who..who are..."

"Lady Roxana, this is my mentor, Adeptus Xiao", I try to explain. She looks back at me in schock, "An adeptus?"

I nodded, "Yes, I sensed his presence last night and so I took the opportunity to inform you about him."

Roxana still looked puzzled...

"But if you can summon him, why didn't you call for him in the first place and leave the mansion?", She asked.

I hummed, "I would, but I couldn't just leave Cassis here all alone. And also, if we ascape here alive with Lant knowing, He would still find a way to bring as back here. He'll try and try and try untill he might wage a war against both Padelian and Lapis," I explained.

"Not only that, he is obsessed with power, so he'll chase for my lady...and so will my lady's so called Finacé", Xiao said as he stood up, crossing his arms.

I nodded.

Roxana sat down calmly, "So what you mean is that you wish to fake your death?", I nodded.

She then looked worried, "But...what about your relationship with Jeremy...?"

I flinched, my relationship with him...

"It was all... genuine", I whispered. Roxana heard, "What do you mean?"

I looked down at my tea, it reflects my face. We had a contract, a contract in which he'd take care of me untill I escape, but if he were to catch me then I woud never leave the Agriches...

"At the beginning...I felt pitty for him, from the way he acted around you, I knew right away that he was just another broken child...

My sympathy for people like him is large, and I wished that they were born in different lives, where they could feel real affection and love...", I confessed. My heart feels tight, "And so I be-friended him, our beginning was rough...but now we're closer than I expected, and he could be possessive at times", I chuckled at the last part...

Roxana faltered for a bit, before holding my hands and smiled, "Aurum...do you perhaps hold feelings for him?"

"....What?"

"From what I have observed, you two care for each other than you both think...", She says.

"From what I also saw, I agree", even Xiao?

How... concerning...for me.

I'm not even sure of my own emotions, so could I make sure that I am...in love with Jeremy?

Like Cassis once said, I'm a bit of a dense blockhead that only knows how to wear a mask. He would be concerned for me, him amd Silvia. How blessed I am to have them as family...

And soon...would be Jeremy?

But how does he feels about me?

"I'm not sure myself, I've never had feelings for anyone before...", I admitted.

Roxana only sighed, and so we talked about the plan once again. I'm sure, that once that day comes...

"I don't think I'll feel this way again if I'm without you"

I sighed frustratingly, holding my hands close to my heart, it aches. Xiao puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder...

"Oh Jeremy, I don't know the answer..."