ADOLESCENCE |9|

THE LAST NIGHT SHINES GOLD pt 1
jeremy agriche

——— • I RELAXED IN MY SEAT AS ROXY FIXES MY HAIR, tonight is the last night and I encourage myselt to look my best. After all, I won't be only impressing Aurum tonight...

"There, all done~" My sister says as she puts the brush down on the desk, she then taps my cheeks, "Would you look at this handsome young man, you're all grown up~", she teases.

I look away bashfully before standing up.

Turning my body, I stare at myself at the mirror. Tall, attractive, the qualities you'll see from someone who was raised in the Agriches...

"... I've grown to distaste it"

Offering my arm, my sister and I left the room and began to walk towards the ballroom with our bastard of a father.

But I couldn't think about that, all that's in my mind is Aurum. Darling, what would you look like tonight?

Would you dress yourself with white or with black? Either way, it would always have the color gold, right?

Brown would suit you, or red so I could spot you quickly. Ah, no matter, I could always spot you anyway...

I flicked the my earning, this earing doesn't fit the color of my outfit but who cares? I don't think I'll ever take it off...

"Jeremy..."

I dressed myself nicely as well, in these dark colors my father eould be pleased. Can't say I don't look good in them, but I sometimes wonder how I would look like in your family's garments...

"Jeremy, are you alright?"

I think you'll like that...

"Jeremy!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and yelped out a small "yes?" Was I really thinking that deep? Oh, you need to keeo your shit together, Jeremy...

Sister grabbed my arm in concern, "You've been spacing out, be more alert Jeremy," she reminded.  I nodded...

Of course, we can't anger father after all.

"Now then, shall we go find out what sort of morons have gathered here?", Father said as the doors opened, the bright light shining on us.

I stare at his back, I feek something unusual about him.

Walking in, I quickly notice the lot of men staring at my sister. Chuckling, I said "Wow, just look at them. They're all idiots", I couldn't help it.

My eyes caught the table and immediately walked towards it, grabbing a few chocolate sticks and a glass of juice, I came back. Only to find out the head of the Yellow Veritiums, Noel, getting dragged out.

"What's with that idiotic dumbass?"

"Anyways, Roxie, are you hungry? Whaddya want?", And then my personality completely flipped.

"I'll leave it to you," she replied. I nodded and left once again, my long cape flowing behind me.

By the time I was going back, I didn't notice the sound of doors opening and then I could hear whispers and gasps about Cassis Padelian being alive and shit.

"Right, that blue bastard's alive..."

Once I came back with Roxie at my side, we both side glanced our father who was fuming with anger. He looked like an overused train...