ADOLESCENCE |5|

"MOTHER KNOWS BEST", THEY SAY pt1
jeremy agriche

——— • Finally, finally, finally! She's here, with me, in my arms! The warmth felt so familiar, I won't ever let go of her again. "I'm home...", I kissed the top of her head affectionately.

"Did you miss me, Darling?", I cood and she tightened her hold on my torso. Yes, show me how much you missed me.

"I do..."

That won't be the only question you'll be answering an "I do". But that will have to wait just a little more longer.

She then leaned away with her hands on my chest, she look up to me with a wondering expression. "You look... gorgeous. Di you change your style?"

A tiny blush formed on my cheeks, "Yes, I thought you'd like if I dress up like this...", I answered shyly. She chuckled, "Like a prince? Be careful then, a beast might take you away from uour castle." She said, referencing to the many fairytales made for children.

"If that beast were you then I'd let myself be taken," I replied slyly. She made a stunned look, I laughed, cute.

She then gently hit me on the chest lightly, "When did you get so good with words, you Bastard?"

I smirked, "I read books, darling," I then frowned childishly, "And what's with the "Bastard"? That's not the only thing you could call me!" I protested.

It was her turn to smirk, and she tilted her head a little, "Then you'll just have to wait till I call you something more appropriate, she laughed.

I deadpaned, "Is this punishment for calling you "bitch" before?". It must be, right?

She looks away, "Hmm, perhaps?"

I could only smile, and she smiled back at me. I can feel that warm feeling again, the warm feeling of covered in a blanket while sitting near a fire place. It gives me the feeling of being protected and loved in this cold and cruel world.

Do feel it too, Aurum?

We sat down on the chairs, I brought extra food on her tray so we caught up while eating. I still can't believe it, it feels too real! She's just seating right Infront of me, smiling and laughing.

The way her eyes look at mine makes my heart flutter, I can't look away. Noticing that her hair wasn't still dried, I picked up a nearby towel and stood up.

"What is it?"

I pulled her towards the mirror and pushed her down to sit, "Your hair's still wet, let me dry it for you."

She let out a hum, "Please do...", I see her soft smile through the mirror. I then started drying her hair, cupping and rubbing softly, and sometimes running my hand through it, appreciating the beauty.

A gust of wind entered through the windows, and it managed to blow out the candles, making the room dim. "Ah, Jeremy, the lights—"

"Don't move, Darlings. Don't you see how beautiful we are under the moonlight?"

She paused, and she looks at me through the mirror. A small grin graced my face, and her face softens.