chapter nine: for the team

"You're a deliquent."

"I'm not a deliquent!"

"You're a downright criminal, Bucky Barnes."

"I've never committed a crime in my life!"

"Ah, but you've stolen my heart!" And then she added on as an afterthought, "and, you know, the assassinations and stuff."

"Can't forget those." Bucky sighed shaking his head softly.

"Well-"

"You're not wiping my brain."

"Oh come on, please! Just once! Tony can supervise and everything!"

"That is somehow scarier."

"Pussy." She grumbled, and then Alpine suddenly appeared out of nowhere and stared at Rory. "Not you, sweetie." Alpine purred before jumping off the coffee table and retreated to whatever hole she crawled out of.

"As I was saying!" Rory announced loudly, flopping down on the sofa, "You're a dirty, dirty delinquent, and that's why-" Then she paused.

"Hang on." She frowned, "What were we talking about?"

"My crimes?"

"No, before that."

"Oh," Bucky frowned in thought for a second, before shrugging. "I forgot."

"Why did I ever get with you?"

"Hey! I'm a delight!" He defended with a pout. "And you're the one who chose to sleep with me!"

"Well, nobody else would, so I took one for the team!"

"What team? The avengers?"

Rory nodded seriously.

"I could've had Thor?!"

"Yes, but you got me. Aren't you lucky?"

"I could've had Thor?!"

Rory looked offended for a second before she nodded. "Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I've got nothing on that man."

As she sat there, in her apartment, on her couch, across from Bucky, Rory suddenly became aware of...everything?

She was sat here, having a genuinely fun conversation with someone, her husband, and she realised with a smile that this is all she ever wanted.

"But seriously," She looked at Bucky, her husband, and he faked a scared look at the word. "I'm grateful for you, Bucket."

"Even in a nice moment you can't call me by my name." He put a hand over his heart.

"Fine," She rolled her eyes, "I'm grateful for you, James Buchanan Barnes, you ancient little dinosaur."

"Okay, I'm not ancient, little, or a dinosaur." He pouted. "But I'm grateful for you too, Emilia Aurora Amedeo-Barnes."

"I never realised how stupid my name is." Rory frowned

(my 13yo self apologises <3)

"It's kinda stupid." Bickt shrugged in agreement.

"Hey! You're supposed to object!"

a/n

IT'S BEEN A WHILE!!

so, i've been sick (not covid tho, im too good for that bitch)

how are you guys??

also, its the one year anniversary of arms length away!? freaky stuff

question of the chapter: what time is it where you are rn?

for me, its 7:43pm :)

OKAY LOVE YOU BYE :)

you know the drill:

vote and comment <3

thanks for reading, k♡