Frustrations

Nothing could remove the happiness in her heart.

Not even his uncle throwing his hot food at her, saying how horrible the food was. Sure, it did hurt a bit but nothing she wasn't used to. She'd have to pick her sister after school from a nearby park too. After that she had two hours of practice with the girls, her 5 hours of shift and then the discussions about the heist. She knew, at the end of the day she'd end up frustrated, unhappy and stressed but for now, the happiness was worth it.

Last night was worth it.

🌙 Last night🌙

As much as Yodheya was accustomed to hights, swinging was extremely fun. Especially when it was Spider-man. This was just their third encounter but she already had the thrilling feel with him that she never felt with someone for a long time.

Laughing along with someone, swinging around, feeling the wind whipping on her face as she didn't have a single worry was something that was worth after going through so much that night.

"You wanna go somewhere with me?!" Spider-man shouted above the sound of the wind.

"I'm really not supposed to but yeah, I guess!" Yodheya shouted back. Before she could even prepare herself, his speed increased suddenly as she yelped and made her hold tighter around him. A couple minutes later, his speed decreased and before she knew, he landed somewhere. Slowly removing her head from his shoulder, she noticed that they were no longer on their journey and got down quickly. Looking around, she realized that this was a rooftop of a building.

Down below, the skyline looked phenomenal. For a dazed second she unconsciously walked up to the very border, forgetting how dizzy looking down from huge heights made her feel. Just as the wave hit her and her body felt backwards, she collided with a hard chest.

"Woah! Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Heights just make me a bit dizzy."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I love this place. I feels.. free."

She looked back and smiled. For a moment, the sight in front of Spider-man made him forget his alter-ego momentarily. He didn't feel like he was Spider-man with a new friend. It was just Peter and Yodheya.

She looked absolutely stunning as the yellow and white teeming lights from the background served as a godly halo to her frizzy hair as Yodheya looked at him, smiling brightly. Her slightly crooked teeth, nose pin and earrings shining. And that alone was enough for Peter to feel his heart beat on an unhealthy pace.

What did she do to him?

That would be one of the mysteries that would cover a whole book and could be placed beside the undiscovered secrets of the universe. It felt like falling into something deep, something painful and happy.. something that he would never recover from. Yet he wasn't afraid. He welcomed the feeling wholeheartedly. When she hugged him, for just a simple thing, he felt like his body was on fire.

"Thanks for bringing me here."

"It-It's really nothing."

"Might not be for you. I just feel so.. overwhelmed and.. and I don't know why. It's just that I haven't had a break from everything. I feel tired, exhausted, worthless all the time. Here, right now, it doesn't feel like I have to face everything tomorrow. I feel grateful and I fucking don't know just why a rooftop made me feel that. Next thing I know, an egg might make me emotional."