Golden rimmed eyes?

✨8 years ago✨

"D-Dinu... is no m-more."

Ringing in her ears. When her mother uttered the four words in-between her sobs, a low ringing took over her ears, drowning out every other sound in the room. Everything was buzzing around her. The loud wailing, the calls of her father, the beeping of the heart monitor... everything was getting hazy.

Dinu is no more.

The air escaped her lungs, as if had a huge blow. Her body started trembling. The tears that threatened to fall when she asked for her sister, finally fell. Emptiness. This was all she registered in her heart. Was this what it felt like to lose a soulmate? Was this what it felt like to lose the other half of a full beautiful heart?

"Diya, let's go to the river! Don't tell Ma!" A smile as bright as sunshine was all it took to convince.

She isn't dead.

"MY–  LADDOO–" Fighting for food was her favorite thing to do aside from being a genius.

Lying. They're lying.

"This is Poop bomb! They have brown stinky slime in them and when you pull the string, it's gonna shoot the victim as a balloon. It takes 2 days to remove the stink. Aren't I amazing?" The same dazzling smile.

She can't die.. she can't.

"I know I lost the spar and the kick hurts like bitch, don't tell Ma, but you know I'm too strong. It will take more than some pathetic thing of this universe to hurt me. And also, if I'm gone, who's gonna make you reconsider your adoption and existence?" She used to say after losing spars against her sister. That too with a smug smile.

Sh-She can't leave me... she promised..

Suddenly, the beeping of the heart monitor grew loud and fast. Yodheya was having a panic attack and the fast breathing triggered convulsions. Her body trembled and shook violently, pained grunts and sounds releasing her throat. The drip got detached from her hand with a snap. The bandage of her head got attached with the splinter of the table nearby and opened. Her head bumbed with the iron rod of the bed and the stitches reopened again. Blood gushed out again.

Ma screamed loudly, Baba shouted for doctors and nurses. Through her hazy half-lidded vision, and ringing of her ears, she could see shapeless figures moving around. Eventually, she felt a pain on her hand. Within seconds, she started falling into sleep. A dreamy one.

"D.. Dinu...," her lips breathed out finally, as she sank down on the thick mattress of the hospital bed.

Am I going to meet Dinu? This was her last thought before she became unconscious.

✨Flashback ends✨

Yodheya lurched up as her eyes opened wide. Despite the air conditioning of the house, beads of sweat dotted her forehead.

The dream... no, it was a nightmare. Except, that was exactly what happened to her. It felt like yesterday when she felt her heart getting ripped away from her chest and till day, it hurt the same but she could handle it now.