Food n' blushes

You weren't a security guard, hell you weren't even a technician! You were the goddamn food and beverage manager, nothing more, nothing less. There was absolutely no reason for you to be at Freddy Fazbears Mega Pizzaplex so late at night. Of course, except for the one task you had been procrastinating for months:

Inventory.

The task should have taken you a couple hours each day over the course of the week to finish, but as usual, your ADHD brain operates better under pressure, even if it causes you to stay up to ungodly hours. You wipe your brow as you finish replacing a box on the top shelf of the complex's oversized pantry. Technically, it was normal sized for the ginormous complex that was Freddy Fazbear's but it was bigger then any pantry you have ever had the pleasure of inventorying. Slowly climbing down the ladder you had perched yourself on, you paused to listen to quiet rummaging sounds coming from the kitchen.

Had raccoons some how dodged all the security bots and made their way into the kitchen garbage? You sighed and cautiously creeped your way into the kitchen, scanning your phones flashlight across the industrial kitchen and waiting for those familiar reflective animalistic eyes to shine back at you. Instead, you were greeted with glowing yellow eyes, floating about 3 feet above you. With a gasp, you swung your phone in the direction of the bright orbs only to reveal the well known animatronic bird, Chica. You let go of the breath you didn't realize you had been holding and flip the nearest light switch, illuminating half of the kitchen.

"Holy shit Chica, you scared the bejesus out of me!" You exclaimed, placing your hands on your hips in an exasperated way.

The giant bot wiped her smile with a rag, taking a step closer to you.

"Sorry, FnB!" Chica apologized, using the nickname you absolutely hated but everyone at the complex defaulted to use when addressing you. "I didn't realize you were here. Am I in your way?"

You shook your head, a small smile forming. "Nah, I'm just trying to finish inventory before the weekend." Your smile quickly fades into a frown as you realize something. "Chica, do you usually dig through the trash when the kitchen is closed?"

Sometimes, the amount of realistic and human like tendencies these robots displayed made your skin crawl. Chica looks away, shame splayed across her features.

"For the past week or so, yeah. I just get so hungry after you leave! But I always have the janitor bots clean up my mess before you arrive in the morning." She confesses. That's when you realize she wasn't just digging in the trash. She was eating it. You weren't an engineer or one of the handlers but that didn't mean you could just ignore the problems of the animatronics,and this seemed like a big problem. You made a mental note to post an actual note on the cork board in the breakroom so that someone more qualified could handle it.

Your worried expression softens. You walk over to her and pat her arm as you shake your head. "Chica, if that was the case, you could have asked! I have no problem making you goodies to keep you satiated through the night." You look up and wink at her, to which she grins back at.

"Give me about 20 minutes then gather your band mates and come back to see me, ok?"

The animatronic nods eagerly before exiting the kitchen, the sounds of her booming footfalls receding into the night bringing you a small amount of comfort as you sigh once again.

It's been a while since you made pizza. ACTUAL pizza. You had forgotten how it easy it was and just how fun it could be. Before you knew it, 20 minutes had come and gone and right as your timer went off, you could hear (and feel) multiple sets of heavy footsteps coming your way.