The Comeback Kid

"Oh, hey there." You wave down to the woman. You make your way down the ladder, shuffling your gloves under your arm and holding your hand out.

"You must be the new night guard! I'm-"

"I'm not new," Vanessa starts. You blink back at her. "I've been here for quite a while; and I know who you are."

Your hand drops to your side, your eyes flashing to Freddy for an S.O.S.

"Oh...kay...?" is all you can manage to say before the guard pushes past you, deeper into the giant fridge. Vanessa's steps are slow but steady. Careful as if she were a mouse but with the confidence of a lion.

"Why...are you here so late?" she turns on her heel to face you.

Freddy stands to your left, standing half way out of the fridge. His presence alone makes you feel better but you just wish you could reach out and touch him.

"Ugh," you sigh. You roll your eyes and throw your hands in the air dramatically before placing them on your hips, grinning at the woman. "Inventory. Been putting it off for far too long and I need to get it done by tomorrow evening."

She squints at you, searching for something unseen. "Uh-huh." She walks back to you and hooks a thumb in Freddy's direction. "And the bear is here, because....?"

You wring the gloves in your hand, trying not to look as angry as you felt.

'Disrespectful, little-'

"Just needed some additional help. I figured it's better to put Freddy to work then to let him wander around like the others and get in trouble." you pat the big guy's shoulder and rub it briefly.

She stares at you, gears turning in her head before Vanessa turns and leaves the walk-in. 

"Finish up and escort Freddy to his room before you leave. He needs to be fully charged before his first performance in the morning."

"Will do! Have a great night!" you call after her.

You hold your breath, watching Freddy while you both wait to hear the main kitchen door close. As soon as you hear that familiar squeaking of the door, you sigh heavily. One hand on his arm, you bend over, bringing your chest to your knees.

"Oh man, oh man, oh man! Oh my god, that was so close!" you groan, trying to slow your heart rate down.

"I guess we'll need to be more careful." Freddy states.

Your head whips up to him, baffled by the statement. "Hahaha, yeah we will." so many emotions rushed through you.

You were having sex with a robot.

You were having sex with a robot?!?

You were having the best sex of your life with a robot. 

And from now until, you guessed, you were fired, you would start sneaking around your job at night to fuck a robot, who also happened to be your co-worker.

'I'll definitely need to find a new therapist after I tell this to my current one.'

You stand upright and nudge Freddy out of the walk-in, making sure to flip the lights and close the door. "Well, looks like I'll need your help tomorrow too. That alright with you?"

Freddy sings your name, picking you up and holding you against his chest. "It will always be alright with me. I'm always here for you, superstar."

He places you back on the ground, where you pat his leg and move to start shutting down the kitchen. After several minutes, you grab your bag and coat from your office before locking it's door. Soon, the two of you are strolling back to his room, chatting about the next days events.

"Feels a little weird being the one to walk you home," you chuckle when you see Freddy's room come into view.

You hear him sigh and look to see his head hung and ears flat. "Yes...It does," he frowns at you. "I do not like it. I should be making sure you get to the entrance safely, little one."

He bends down behind you and huffs into your neck as you both reach his room. The goosebumps prickle along your body, the memories of their time in the walk-in still very fresh in your mind.

"I know, but I'll be ok just this once." you turn and gasp at the sight before you. Freddy has you backed up, caging you against his room door. In the dark, it's hard to see much of anything, but you can definitely see Freddy's glowing blue eyes, lidded as they stare at you.

In one fluid motion, he caresses the back of your head and pulls your lips to him. This time, he asks for permission to enter your mouth, swiping his tongue across your bottom lip. You slightly part your lips, letting his tongue massage against yours. You moan into his mouth, about to get lost in him before a security bot zooms by, causing you to jump and pull away. You frown and step to the side and back, creating some distance between the two of you.

"We can't do that out in the open. Someone could be watching us, and I can't lose my job and I don't even want to think about what they'd do to you if they found out what we were doing and-"

Freddy shushes you, placing a paw on your shoulder. "I understand. I agree with you, the last thing I want to do is get you in trouble. I am sorry, it was irresponsible of me to do that."

You sigh and place your hand over his, flashing him a thankful smile. "Get some rest, big guy. I'll see you bright and early."

You pat Freddy's hand one last time before sliding from his grasp and giving him a small wave before you watch him disappear into his room.

Luckily, there was no chance encounter with Moondrop on your way to the main gate. Not so luckily, you were unable to avoid Vanessa, even if you tried.

You clock her walking towards you out of your peripheral, internally preparing yourself for an onslaught of questions and having to do mental somersaults.

"Oh, hey night guard!" you greet, nonchalantly as possible. You have one hand in your pocket with your coat hanging over your forearm, the other holding on to your backpack that's carelessly slung over your shoulder. You pause, as if trying to remember her name. "Veronica, right?" you purposely guess wrong.

"Vanessa." she corrects. Her key ring jingles, even after she comes to a standstill in front of you.

You snap your fingers and shake your head, making a small 'tsk' sound. "That's right, Vanessa! Sorry about that. Well, what's up?"

"Freddy make it to his room ok?"

You tilt your head behind you, "Yup, escorted him there myself. Feel free to go check on him."

She looks you up and down, settling on your eyes and shifting her weight to her other leg. "The band really seems to like you. They've all been raving about your food the past couple nights." she goads.

"Really now? Yeah, I've been making them treats to keep them pre-occupied during the night. Especially Chica."

Vanessa raises an eyebrow. "Chica?"

"Yeah, caught her eating the trash in the kitchen the other night. I gotta protect my kitchen somehow," you chuckle, hoping she picked up on the jab.

She sneers at you before turning and stomping away. "Have a good night." she mumbles.

You snort at her reaction and strut out the door, satisfied with the exchange.

You-1

Vanessa-0