The Freezer

Like every day, today was a busy one. 4 birthday parties and about 25 small ones in the daycare that needed immeasurable amounts of snacks and pizza. Luckily, it was enough to keep both you and Sunny busy so you weren't forced to interact with one another. By 7PM, most things had died down so you sent your staff home early as a small "thank you" for their hard work. You decided to take this opportunity to bake some goodies for the band. Popping in your earbuds, you quickly got in your "zone" and began to confidently move around the kitchen, whipping up anything you think might tickle their fancy. If none of it did, then that's just one more meal your staff didn't have to worry about finding.

An hour and a half later, you could feel the familiar mini earthquake shake through your legs. Taking out an earbud, you turn around and grin at the band.

"Heya, FnB." Roxanne purred.

You plaster a smile on to your face, hoping they would take it as genuine, as you gave a curt wave.

"Nice to see you guys again! I hope you liked the pizzas. If not, maybe you'll like these more?"

You step to the side to present 4 "gift baskets", each color coordinated to the recipient. Each basket including a wide array of homemade snacks and meals.

Their reactions were more or less the same as the night before.

If chica had tear ducts, you were sure she would've been crying tears of joy. Roxanne flashed a toothy grin, a quiet "Nice!" was the only praise you would be getting from her that night. Monty smiled and stuck his chin out to you in a quick, recognizing nod. And Freddy....well, you couldn't read him. His expression wasn't negative by any means, but you couldn't tell what he was thinking. And for some reason, that bothered you.

The others contentedly grabbed their baskets and left, while Freddy stayed behind. You both watched them leave, your gaze falling onto his chest plate and quickly traveling downwards before snapping back to his eyes when he turned back to you.

"Do you still require help with your task?"

"Yes, that I definitely do. C'mon, I'll show you to the freezer." You waved him behind you, goosebumps prickling up when you couldn't help but feel someone's gaze all over you. Or maybe that was wishful thinking and you were just dreading the amount of cold you were about to endure.

On your way to the freezer, you made sure to dip into your office to retrieve your warm gear.....Only to find that your coat was no where to be seen. That's when it dawned on you that you had brought it home for a semi-annual wash (food stuffs tended to build up on the jacket) and you hadn't brought it back yet. Reluctantly, you snatched up your gloves and a beanie and rejoined Freddy in the hallway, waving your items at him.

"Alrighty, let's go!"

With all your strength, you pry open the old freezer door, letting out a hot breath that swirls up and around your head.

"Welcome to the gulag," you chuckle, looking up at Freddy.

His sharp teeth form a friendly grin and he ruffles you hair, "We've got this, superstar. Teamwork makes the dream work!"

You feel a clench in your chest and your breath hitches. The touch was small, a playful and friendly one but a touch nonetheless. Determination set across your features, you step into the freezer, snagging the clipboard hanging on the outside and pulling a pen from your pocket.

"You can write, correct?" You raise an eyebrow at the bear, not wanting to assume anything but wanting to make sure your assistant can do just that: assist you.

Freddy nods eagerly, "Yes! I have been programmed to be able to perform a multitude of tasks in order to allow humans to feel as comfortable as possible in my presence."