Stress and Revelations

Today was the most Monday of Friday's. You had been awoken before the sun by your phone absolutely blowing up.

Managers from other departments bad mouthing your employees in one chat, your staff bickering amongst themselves in another. All at 3AM.

"What in the actual hell?" you wiped the sleep from your eyes and blearily scrolled through your works different group chats.

You quickly typed out a message to the other managers, reprimanding them for the way they spoke about your employees. Flipping to the other chat, you took stock of the situation.

Turns out, there had been a lot of drama going on amongst some of your staff. Someone slept with someone else's spouse, someone else called in sick via text. You groaned and sat up in bed, typing furiously. You told them all to relax and that you would talk to everyone individually and as a group. It seemed to satisfy the majority of people and things calmed down. You check the time and decide to trust your gut and go in early, just in case.

Good thing your gut is never wrong. Not only did one of your servers refuse to show up (that was apparently the scorned spouse), but your head chef was hung over and one of the ovens was down. At some point, you began to nod off while covering the kitchen when your chef was on break. You were startled awake to the smell of multiple pizzas burning. This led to a bunch of kids whining about how hungry they were and even more angry parents all directed to you.

You were unfortunately unable to provide the customer service quality required of front of the house staff. Your greetings were short and you didn't even glance at anyone while you cleaned up in the daycare. You eventually found yourself rushing past the main stage during one of the band's performances, pushing a cart full of pizza and drinks and doing your best to avoid the kids running everywhere. As you unloaded the items onto a nearby table, you could feel eyes burning a hole into the back of your head. There were people everywhere so it could have been any of the thousand people in the large atrium, but with your luck, you knew exactly who it was. You turned with the cart, passing the stage and catching the gaze of none other then Freddy Fazbear. He bellowed the lyrics of an 80's esque song, his eyes followed you all while you continued to walk, not daring to take your eyes off him....until you were forced to do so.

Next thing you know, you're flipped over the cart, your back slamming onto the flat top. You gasp desperately to catch your breath, ignoring the children that are laughing at you and muttering to one another. You roll off the cart and stand up, one hand on your chest with the other grasping on to the cart. You look back to the stage, the animatronics continuing their set, but all giving you worried look. Blushing furiously, and embarrassed by your lack of focus all because of a metal bear, you put your head down and rush back into the kitchen, throwing the cart forward as soon as you got inside. You grab a ladle off the wall and chuck it, yelling ferociously. You toss salt and pepper shakers, pots and pans, anything you could get your hands on. You kick a table, shifting it slightly as you stomp your way to your office. You knew your staff was watching you, in awe that their usually cool, calm and collected manager was losing her shit in real time. You punch the wall next to your office door, your fist causing the wood underneath to creak. You rear back and thrust your fist in the same spot, over and over again until the wood finally splinters. Panting heavily, you slam your office door behind you, your back pressed to it. You slide down, resting your elbows on your knees and hanging your head.

"What the fuck am I doing, man?" only the darkness of the room replies. With silence.

You sit like that for a long time, far too long. Your brain racing, trying to process and rationalize your emotions, especially the unchecked ones you had towards Freddy. How long would this last? Hell, how long could it last? You were a mere human with a $50k salary and a caffeine addiction. He was a hyper sentient A.I. that performed music for kids. Even if by the grace of god you were able to have Freddy leave this place and live with you, how would that work? Do animatronics even have basic human rights? What about kids? You always wanted a family but the thought of the aftermath of having a child made you shudder, so you were always planning on adopting anyway. You feel your cheeks heat up when you picture Freddy as a father, smiling and laughing with your faceless child.