3

The first lesson of the day is biology, Liam and I have it together. It's a very boring subject, but me and Liam always sit next to each other and fool us. That probably sounds a bit childish but it's super fun. Our teacher is a Karen so the lessons usually ends in detention, but to be honest I want it today. Just so I don't have to go home after school. But when everyone is settled down and is waiting for our teacher, a substitute comes in.

She's young, probably around 25 and has dark brown hair, tall and thin. But just because we have a substitute teacher doesn't mean me and Liam wouldn't have the same chaotic lesson we always have.

Biology was the only subject I had such bad grades that I didn't care if I fooled around the whole lesson, so it was the only lesson I had to get detention if I didn't want to seem suspicious. Because if I did it in another lesson my teacher would probably react because I usually behave.

What Liam and I use to do in biology class is; we always have a straw hidden in our biology books. So each lesson we pick up our straws and make small, small balls of paper and then blow away the small balls through the straw and try to hit the other students. And then when they look back we pretend as if nothing happened. And after a while we burst into a fit of laughter and no one understands why.

But one problem, our real teacher came upon us last time with our straws and confiscated them. But I was prepared. I had brought brand new straws to today's lesson to be able to continue. While the substitute was reviewing, I leaned against Liam who looked surprisingly interested in the lesson.

"Psst Liam, I have new straws with me" I whispered to him

"Shh, I'm trying to listen Tessa, be quiet."

I never thought I would hear those words come out of Liam's mouth, especially not in biology. I bet it's because he thinks the substitute is pretty. Oh and now she's making her way over to us. She comes to us, we always sit in the back of the classroom, she looks at me and Liam and then smiles.

"So I guess you guys are Liam and Tessa, right? I have heard many good things about you." "You have?" Liam asks, looking at her wonderlingly. But you could also sense a little happiness from him. "No idiot, what do you think?" I say trying not to laugh at the fact that he thought our teacher would say something nice about us.

She's probably here to announce that she's watching and that she knows we usually are a pain in the ass on the biology lessons. I thought to myself, and I was right.

"So Tessa, I suppose this is your biology book." She picks it up and opens it. On the first page when she opens the books are the straws. She picks up both and looks at me. "Your teacher told me where I could probably find your little weapons." She puts down the book back on the table without closing it.

I look over at Liam in hopes to get a little contact with him since I'm currently a little ashamed. But he's working in the book and doesn't even look up for a second. At the same time as she goes back, she makes that gesture when she points to her eyes and then back at me. I think I underestimated her, she is pretty smart after all. And it seems hard to get detention from her. I could just Go to Nathan after school but he's mom is going to be home and she's probably going to ask about the scar. And even if I have a good story it's too risky. She works as a paramedic so she's going to want to look at it, and if she gets too close she may notice that it comes from a slap and not a basketball.

So that's why I have to come up with a plan for her to give me detention. If I make enough noise, she might give up and send me out of the classroom. And after that she have to give me detention.

I get up from the chair and just as I'm about to say something, Liam quickly pulls down my arm so that I sit on the chair again. "the fuck was that good for?" I say looking at him with a stern look. "Don't do this! you'll ruin for the both of us" He loudly whispers as he gives me a serious look and then looks back down at his book.

I get up from my chair and put my hands on the table. "Oh come on you fucking coward when did you get so boring?!" I say maybe a little louder than I should've done, and all of a sudden all the students are looking back at us. The substitute also looks at me with a stern look and points to my chair wanting me to sit down. "No I won't sit down, biology is so fucking boring" Maybe a little immature to come from a sixteen year old but I was desperate at this point. Should it be this difficult to get detention?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love Tessa and Liam's friendship, they're very immature together but have a lot of fun. They have this rare kind of friendship, even though it seems like Liam wasn't on Tessa's side today.

Next chapter is coming tomorrow. Stay safe my friends