15

I walk back to the group home and put on some music, It isn't a long way home, only takes about 15 minutes. I blast music in my ears as I walk. When I get in, I go straight up to my room. Jodie is sitting in her bed, I believe she's studying. I say hi to her and put down my bag on the floor and change into my pajamas from Scarlett again.

I go into the bathroom and wash my face and brush my teeth before going back to bed. I'm exhausted, so I fell asleep almost directly after. My alarm goes off in the morning and I get up to change into the clothes I'm going to wear today.

When I get downstairs, it's exactly like yesterday. I eat my breakfast and make my own lunch for school, and then I get upstairs again. I put on some light makeup and put my hair up in a pony tale. Jodie has a sleep in today, so I'm careful not to wake her, and then I walk to school.

The day goes on pretty quickly, I have basketball practice after school today and my last period is math with my new teacher. You know, the one that was a substitute for biology last Friday. I'm not a big fan of math, but I can survive it. I can admit I'm not half bad in it, so it makes the lessons less boring when you know what you're doing.

I have math lesson with all of them, which is great. I meet up with Harper and Liam at the lockers. "Where is Maddy?" I ask. "She's in the bathroom I think" Harper answers, I nod and continue to take out my math book and writing block out of my locker.

We make it into the classroom and go to sit in the back as we always do. Ms. Andersson starts up the class and introduces herself as our new math teacher, and then start working. When the bell rings, everyone starts to pack up their things. "Tessa can you just wait a minute" Ms. Andersson asks. Oh, crap.

I do as told and sit tight until all the students are gone. "So some off you had your last math teacher Mr. Smith as your mentor before, correct?" She asks. "Yes, that's right" I answer, not really seeing where this is going. "Yes, so that makes me you, and some other students, your new mentor." she continues. "Yeah, I got some mail saying that" I inform her. "Well as your mentor I feel obligated to tell you this." She says. No I'm so confused to whatever is going on. I slowly nod in confusion.

"So, I got told by Laila and Barbra who I understand is the workers at your group home about what happened with your mom" fuck, fuck, fuck. "I know you lied when I ask you what happened to your eye, and I understand why, okay?" She continues. I don't say anything. I don't know what to say. My tears are silently rolling down my cheeks. Why the fuck did they have to tell my teacher, it's all just so stupid.

"Look, Tessa, I'm the only teacher that they told, and I'm going to keep it that way. They told me because they had to and that's good because that helps me understand if I see that you have a bad day" She tells me. I still don't know what to say. I'm just so mad at Laila and Barbra right now. That's just mean, couldn't they ask me before or just tell me that they were going to say this to my teachers.

My thoughts are wandering everywhere. Who else did they tell? what am I going to say to her? I get back to reality when my teacher starts speaking again. "You know you can always talk to me if something's bothering you and I promise you that it's going to stay between us, okay?" She says, smiling gently at me. I wipe away me tears, though it doesn't stop it from coming more. "thank you, can I go now?" I say and she nods. I pick up my things and go out of the classroom.

I go home quickly. I have to get my gym bag, and I'm also going to yell the crap out of Barbra and Laila. When I get there, most of the kids are outside playing and some are still at school. I get in and walk straight into the office where Laila is sitting. "Why the fuck did you have to tell my fucking teacher?!" I tell her angry, almost yelling. "Calm down and watch your language, Tessa" She says, getting even more on my nerves. "No, I'm not going to calm down, just answer the fucking question!" I scoff.