4

"What is it with you Tessa? Why do you behave like a five year old? just sit down" Liam says as he furrows his brows. Just when I'm about to sit down again, the bell rings and everyone stands up and starts taking their things. I grab my book and start walking towards the door at the front of the classroom when the substitute asks me to stay. I answer with a no thanks and smile ironically towards her then starts to walk out of the classroom but Liam grabs my arm again so I have to stop and question my behavior. I don't answer him, just look down at the floor and then look up at the brown haired woman.

She asks me to sit down on a chair and at this point I'm just annoying if I start to walk away again, so I do as she says and sit down on the chair. She gives Liam a look that I would guess means he should go, and I guess Liam also understood what her look ment cause he picks up his bag and his book and then he disappears out the door. I follow him with my eyes until the door closes, then I look back down at the floor.

"Tessa?" "mhm" I answer without looking up, I'm a little ashamed of myself, I mean I know she expected me to be a little annoying because our teacher warned her but I was more than a little annoying. I was pretty rude too, and maybe it was a little shitty towards a substitute

"I hope you don't mind me asking but, what happened on your cheek? Has anyone done anything to you? Because in that case I want you to tell me. I can feel my eyes sting and soon my sight is blurred. My eyes are filled with tears and I don't want to look up for her to see me crying. I look down for a few more seconds before wiping away the tears and lifting up my head. Now she knows I'm sad, but I pretend like nothing. Instead I shake my head and respond with a direct no, but my voice is a bit shaky and raspy. I can see her concerned look. I stand up and ask if that was all she wanted. She says that either I have to tell her what happened or she has to tell the other teachers about this. I look at her and sigh.

"Nobody did this to me, I hurt myself when I was playing basketball at home." I can't decide if she believes me or not but she looks at me and then says I'm free to go. So I start to walk towards the door and just before going out I turn towards her. "Will you say this to the other teachers?" She looks at me and shakes her head, then says "but if I were to see you with blakceye again, I will have to say something to the other teachers." "Aren't you just a substitute teacher?" I ask "Yes, today at biology i was a substitute, but I have taken over Mr. Smith's math lessons so I will have you on your last period on tuesdays." I look at her and smile, "yes that's great, you will replace him very well." I have to be a little kind too. Besides, she was actually very good so I'm quite happy that she's replacing him.

After that I go to my locker. I put back the biology book and take out my computer because I have technology now. I like the technology lessons because there is this stunning girl in our technology class, but I don't think she even knows who I am. Her name is Gabriella Lopez, she is kind of tall and her parents are from spain. She has long curly brown hair and her eyes are the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. They're crystal blue and look so genuinely welcoming. But well she probably has no idea of who I am so I'm just going to keep dreaming. With the computer in my hand I walk towards the classroom. I step through the door and look over the classroom to find a place to sit.

She's already inside the classroom. She's looking at her computer. She's pretty quiet, I hardly know what her voice sounds like. But I've heard her talk a few times and she has a beautiful little raspy voice. I sit down in the middle of the classroom and open up my computer and log in. Our teacher starts to walk around the classroom to see how everyone is doing. I'm trying to avoid her from coming to me, I really don't want to talk more about the scar. I just look down at my computer the whole lesson and actually manage to avoid her.

When the lesson is over I go to my locker and leave the computer. I can see Liam and Maddy come running towards me. "Tessa, are you following us to the beach after school? It's going to be me, Liam and Harper." Maddy says with a big smile.

We never hang out with each other after school but this is my rescue, and then I can go home late so that hopefully Logan and mom will already be asleep by then.

"Yeah that sounds fun, what are we going to do at the beach?" I answer still kind of confused as to why this is happening, I mean we never hang out outside of school. "Well there is a new cafe opening so they are going to have an opening ceremony and there is probably going to be like free food so we have to go." She says while she's jumping up and down in excitement. "Well that sounds great of course I'm on" I say as I'm chuckling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there isn't much Scarlettcontent yet, but hang in there. I'm uploading the next chapter tomorrow :) Stay safe my friends.