6

I walk over to the front door and make two, not too loud knocks, I don't want to wake anybody up. I wait for only a couple of seconds until the door opens up. "Hi Te-" she says a bit confused, until she stops when she sees my face. "Hunny, what happened? come in!" Her voice has changed from confused to worried. She takes one of her hands on my back and leads me in the house. "Follow me"

She leads me into her bathroom. The house is so big, I have already forgotten the way to where her front door is. She tells me to sit down at the toilet and so I do. She looks a bit in the bathroom cabinet and then brings out some pads and wet them before gently starting to wipe off the mascara. She can clearly see the blackeye and scar under so she's being very gentle and careful.

It's quiet. she doesn't say anything, she's too focused on being careful to not touch my scar or hurt me. I just look at her eyes, her big green eyes, they look kind. When she's done she throws away the pads and lays her hand on my shoulder. "Come with me Tessa."

I follow her into a big room which I guess is the living room and she sits me down on the sofa. "I know this must be hard for you, but you need to tell me what happened so I can help you hunny." I look at her as another tear falls down my cheek, I sigh and look up at her. "It started yesterday. My stepdad was drunk when I came home from training. He.." I stop for a while. It's like I can't get out the words. I'm too choked to realise that it's true. "He was talking about something with his cigarettes." I take a pause again. She looks at me waiting to continue so I do. "I told him that I didn't know anything about them so... he hit me. His ring must have scratched my skin and therefore the scar." I look at her to see if I can get any kind of reaction. She looks sad, and maybe angry at the same time. I can't really tell.

"Well today after you drove me home from the beach, both him and my mom were drunk. And this time... she" My voice gets shaky and I guess Scarlett noticed that because she places her  hand on my hand and waits for me to continue. I take a deep breath and try again. "This time my ehm, my mom slapped me. Twice"

Now she for sure looks angry, but also very sad. She doesn't say anything, just brings me into a hug. A really tight hug. It feels nice. The tears are starting to move down my cheeks again. I can't make it stop, but I don't' bother trying. She doesn't judge me, she just hugs me tight for a long time.

"I can understand this must feel awful for you but I do have to tell someone about this. You don't deserve to live like that Tessa and I know it may seem like it's just two times to you but it's two times too much." I look at her and know she can see the fear in my eyes. But deep down I know I know it's true.

"But I'll have to wait until tomorrow because it's too late at night to call anyone now, so I'm going to prepare the guest room for you to sleep in. Okay" she says with a sympathetic smile. "Okay, thank you" I say quietly. She says that I can wait on the sofa until she's done in the guest room and gives me a glass of hot chocolate to drink while I'm waiting.

As she walks away I can feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier. I must have gotten tired from all the crying because I can now feel the headache too.  I'm just going to rest a while until she's back again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy new year:)

I'm sorry that this is a shorter one. Next chapter is coming tomorrow.

This charter also came out a bit late... it's currently 3.45am where I live and I don't really know why I'm still up. Anyway stay safe my friends ♥️