Chapter 7

"Could you give me any information at all about the next place we're visiting?" You questioned Marcus as you walked through the streets of Piltover,  which there was so much life in. You could only assume that most of those people had not experienced a day's struggle in their life. The privilege was so obvious of everyone in the streets as they walked through the sunny streets in their expensive dresses, just smiling to themselves.

The man sighed for the hundredth time, it almost seemed like he was getting tired of you. "Fine." He surrendered. "You know how there is mountains in Piltover?"

"No, I had no idea." You replied sarcastically, causing Marcus to glare at you.

"Well..." His dark eyes looked forward once again. "We're climbing those mountains. Gets you a great view of Piltover."

You thought about it for a moment. "Hm. Probably is like climbing buildings and I'm good at that so-"

"I'm sorry, climbing what?"  You often forgot that topsiders didn't know even half of the tips and tricks of Zaunites. 

"I was a criminal Marcus. What was I supposed to do? Knock on their doors?" 

"Okay you have a point there." He admitted. "Sometimes I forget you're from Zaun." 

A disgusted look quickly made its way onto your face. "To you, that sounds like a compliment. To me, I don't want to be compared to..." By just glancing around, you were able to see a woman who lifted her head up high with the though she's above everyone. She had an expensive velvet dress on with pounds of makeup. Some citizen had bumped into her and she started freaking out on them "...that."

"Not everyone in Piltover is that privileged." Marcus argued. "Some of us have struggles."

"You can struggle and be privileged. Like you. Privileged yet struggling."

Marcus shook his head before just looking ahead to get to where we needed to be. It didn't take long to get to the mountains. "Alright, here we are. I used to climb mountains with my parents when I was a kid all the time."

"Did you ever fall and hit your head? Because wow would that explain a lot." You tried not to laugh at your own joke.

Marcus glared. "I bring you on an expensive day long date and yet you still insult me. I didn't need to-"

"Okay I'm sorry." You laughed softly at his reaction. "Aren't we supposed to have equipment while climbing?"

"It's not like we're climbing mountains in Freljord, Piltover mountains are easy to climb. Plus, this isn't really mountain climbing, it's more hiking. I just call it mountain climbing to sound cooler." He grabbed a black duffel bag that was setting on a ledge on the mountain. "I did come prepared though."

"You just-" You looked at the ledge, then the bag, then him. "You just left that there?"

"It's Piltover let me remind you. Stealing isn't very common. Especially when it's on a mountain." He remarked. "Unlike Zaun."

"Okay whatever, what do you have in the bag?" You crossed your arms. "Also. do I need to remind you I'm in a dress and heels?" 

"If you let me tell you what'd in the bag, you would know that I brought hiking shoes for you. And... you'll be fine in the dress. I'll walk above you; I swear." He kneeled down and put the bag on the ground. He opened the bag and took shoes, coincidentally in my size and threw them my way.

You picked up the shoes. "How do you know my shoe size?"

He shrugged, "Lucky guess." He continued rummaging through the bag.