Chapter 8

"Okay so you're going to hate me for where we're going next, but I can explain." Marcus warned, causing you to immediately glare at him. 

"Marcus. Where are we going?"

Marcus glanced at you. "Well, the schedule for the rest of the day, after where we're going next, is a fancy restaurant, ice-skating, then a ball." He explained, waiting for your reaction.

"I have many questions. First, why a fancy restaurant? I'm not fancy, obviously. Second, how are we ice-skating? it doesn't snow in Piltover. Last but definitely not least, why the hell would you take me to a ball?" The ideas honestly made you worry if Marcus had gone insane. 

"All of those questions..." He thought for a moment. "Well, most of those questions are good ones. First, this is a day in Piltover so a fancy restaurant is necessary. Second, we preserve ice in a really cold building to go ice-skating, I thought that was common knowledge. And last, the ball is something I need to go to and you're going to be my date for it."

You stared at him blankly. "I'm sorry, what?"

"The ball is a thing that happens once a year and I'm required to go since I'm the second in command for the Enforcers and I haven't brought a date to it yet so..." 

You shook your head while sighing, not believing he hadn't even warned you about it. "Who else will be there?"

"Only like... the most important people in Piltover. Councilors, inventors, etcetera." He shrugged.

"I don't have anything to wear for that sort of thing. And what do you wear to ice-skate in Piltover?" 

"That's why we're going here." He pointed to a shop with dresses and suits in the window. On the shop sign, it read 'Izzy's Fashion Shop'. You shrugged as Marcus pulled you into the shop. It wasn't too busy but there were a few other customers inside. "The owner is really nice, you'll like her."

"She's from Piltover." You reminded him.

"Actually... she's not."

You gave him a bit of a confused look before your thoughts were interrupted by a Yordle walking towards you to. "Marcus! My favorite customer." She approached Marcus before noticing you right next to him. "Oh. You finally got a girlfriend, with my type of fashion sense." She smiled.

You blushed. "I'm not his girlfriend."

"Of course you're not. You deserve better than a crooked cop love." You looked at Marcus to see him glaring darts at her. "Well, what are you two interested in looking for?"

"Something for ice-skating and the ball tonight." Marcus answered. 

"For both?" Marcus nodded. "You're going to the ball together and you're going ice-skating together and you want me to believe there's no spark?" You glanced at Marcus as he glanced at you before looking back at the Yordle. "Whatever, I will find something for you darling." She smiled at you. "But who will be paying?"

"I will, she's too poor to pay for anything in your store Izzy."

You scoffed, "You didn't even try asking me."

"Just let me pay for it (Y/n)." He said in a slightly whiney voice.

You sighed. "Fine."

"Perfect! Marcus, you can find your own stuff, you however, follow me love." She started walking towards one side of her shop, so I followed her. "Your style is quite gothic, isn't it?" You slowly nodded. "Finally, something more my speed than the fancy stuck-up people of Piltover. We'll start with your date in denial with Marcus then we'll shop for the important event, the ball."