29. (Request) They hate me, I should let them be...

Request by my first fan AnnicaAndal
Birthday special.
Sorry it's a bit late. Longest oneshot till today. Hope you like it. Enjoy!!!

Mari jumped awake as soon as her alarm went off. The one day of the year that she wakes up without being late or without the others having to threaten her sewing machine. For Kwami's sake, she was awake today alright, not only was she awake but also hyper. She bounced up and down on her bed as she tried to be as quiet as possible, not to wake anyone up. Anyone referring to her 1 year old daughter Amelia and her husband Damian, but she couldn't help it, It was the 9th of July. She was finally turning 21. Oh and good lord, she was excited alright!

She slowly climbed off her bed trying not to make a sound. She was almost out of the room when a deep voice interrupted her mid step.

"Where are you going this early in the morning Angel, Another one of those sleepless days?" He questioned.

Marinette felt a pang in her chest as he asked her if she was okay, but didn't wish her happy birthday or even didn't seem to remember the reason for her waking up early. She had to be strong, that's what her mom taught her, don't let small things get to you. She was the one and only daughter of Princess Diana, aka Wonder Woman.

Damian stood up and made his way over to Marinette, He gave her a peck and proceeded to the bathroom. Marinette pouted as she walked out of the room. She went downstairs, as she approached the dining room, she could hear screaming and plates crashing, she sighed as she walked in and cleared her throat.

Everyone froze in their places as they stared at her.

She walked into the kitchen, she was met with a kind, smiling Alfred, who said "Happy Birthday Mistress Marinette! You're 21 now!"

Marinette smiled back, a look of hope and disbelief in her eyes.

"Thank you Alfie. I just wish that my parents were here with me. Paris is still infested and I don't even know if my parents are still alive. Are they still in Paris? Have they been rescued? I just wish I could see them again." she sighed as tears welled her eyes at the thought of her parents.

Paris had been controlled by Hawkmoth, Akuma's were ruling, Chat, her beloved, trusted partner had changed sides, he was helping Hawkmoth all along.

She sighed as she turned around, she wiped her eyes and said, with a bright smile "Come on Alfie, the others are waiting. I'll help you serve."

Little did she know that all the Batboys along with the Bat himself heard every single word she said.

Bruce and the rest of the boys made their way down to the Batcave. They were determined to find Marinette's parents and reunite them. They had been working on finding her parents for a week now, but hearing what Mari just said, they were ready to do anything to find them.

Meanwhile, Marinette and Alfred were talking, they walked to the dining room, as they got closer Marinette started getting worried, not a single sound was to be heard from the kitchen and that was quite unusual. The boys were always fighting, arguing, or even laughing.

Walking in the dining room, she realised that there was no one there. She raised an eyebrow as she searched the halls for any sign of the boys. It was her birthday and every single one of them forgot. She was devastated, but still searched for them. Then she realised they must be in the batcave. She went to her room to make sure Amelia was asleep and well. Then she went down the large looming staircase, into the batcave.

As she got closer she could hear them shouting that they had to hide it before she could see what they were doing. She rolled her eyes as she walked into the cave. Batman was hunched over the Batcomputer keyboard as Damian and Jason were sparring, Tim was on his own computer, and Dick? Well he was taking pictures of himself in various poses. She rolled her eyes fondly as she met Dick's eye in the mirror.