47. I feel like I forgot something ...

Marinette sighed as she walked down the path covered in beautiful rose petals. It was their 5 year anniversary. Today, after five years of dating, which consisted of a huge line of adventures, they sure weren't an ordinary couple. Hawkmoth was defeated, Adrien became her older brother and is dating Jon Kent. Wow they've come a long way haven't they.

She stared at Damian as he kissed the back of her hand and led her to their candle lit dinner table. She giggled at his sweetness and smiled warmly at him. She was so excited to see what the big surprise he was talking about all week had been. This was enough of a huge surprise. Suddenly she heard violin and flute playing her favourite song as he held out his hand and bowed in front of her.

"Would you be interested in a dance Angel?" He asked with a small smile evident on his face.

She giggled again as she replied "I would love to, Shaytan."

Damian stared at Marinette as she walked towards him in a stunning red dress, hair flowing behind. He grasped the velvet box in his pocket and tried to calm his nerves, they were in love. Dating for five years, they had gone through a lot together. He had absolutely nothing to be afraid of.

"Would you be interested in a dance Angel?" He asked with a small smile evident on his face.

Marinette giggled as she replied "I would love to, Shaytan."

He smiled as they started swaying to the music, everything was perfect. He pulled her close as she smiled up at him. Their lips connected as they kept swaying to the music. He pulled away as they swept off to the dinner table for two, set in the moonlight with all her favourite foods. She smiled and pulled him to the table, bouncing on the spot like an excited puppy.

He smiled at her reaction and followed her to the table. They ate food as they chatted about what has been going on in their lives. Like how Marinette just reached over 1 billion in savings with her online anonymous store. Damian told her about how he got called into the principal's office and was dubbed valedictorian.

"Wait! You never go to class though?" Marinette interrupted.

"I know right! Thats how stupid all the others are." Damian replied, rolling his eyes.

Marinette just giggled at his reply and motioned for him to continue. He went on to say how ridiculously annoying his brothers were being and how the only tolerable one was Cass and Babs. He also told her about how Kori just got engaged to Dick and Jason started dating Cass. Steph and Tim were still dancing around each other, oblivious as ever.

Marinette facepalmed, hearing about Tim and Steph. She cheered when he told her about Cass and Kori. Apparently Kori was pregnant too.

-------------------

The next morning Marinette awoke alone, she heard shouts from the living room and knew exactly where Damian was. She quickly brushed her teeth and got changed. She walked into the living room to see Damian stepping on Tim's face and trying to get something from Jason. She cleared her throat and everyone just sat still very quietly and in a much more disciplined manner.

She smiled and sat next to Cass after giving Damian a peck on the cheek. She just smirked at Cass and Jason's intertwined hands. Cass blushed slightly as Jason just smiled. Damian then came up behind her and showed her a magazine filled with outdoor and indoor wedding settings.

"Which one would you like, beloved?" he asked.

"I quite like this one Dami but shouldn't Kori be choosing her wedding setting?" Marinette asked, confused as she stared at Dick.

"This is for you Angel, not Grayson's fiance." Damian replied.

"This is sweet and all Dami, but aren't you missing something?" Marinette asked, she could guess what had happened but this was just too good to let go off.

"What do you mean Angel?" Damian questioned, now just plain confused.

"I don't know, maybe you should propose first?" Marinette replied with a small smirk playing on her face.

"What are you talking about beloved? I proposed yesterday night! Do you not remember?" Damian asked.

"No Dami," she giggled, showing her hand, "you never proposed."

Damian looked at Mari's hand and then her face, which held a small smile. He stood up and rushed to their room and pulled out his clothes from yesterday. He pulled out a velvet box from the pocket of his trousers and sighed. He facepalmed at his stupidity, he forgot to propose, out of everything, after all the planning.

Marinette stood at the door. Watching as the gears seemed to turn in his head and the information sunk in. She decided that she had tortured him enough and walked up behind him and hugged him. She started to drag him back to the living room, she ran into a very hard wall right outside the door.

"Oww" she muttered and rubbed her nose, she looked up to be met by a big man, oh wait, it's just Bruce, and all the other batboys who were very sloppily hiding behind the door, eavesdropping. She rolled her eyes, it surprised her how any of them, except Bruce, could ever be the bats.

She rolled her eyes and said "Boys, Cass come on out, I can see you there. And smell you for that matter. Jay you really need to wash your hair and Timothy Jackson Drake Wayne stop stealing my special extra strong vanilla scented caramel latte frappucino!! NOW!!"

then she muttered "So that's where it was going. I should've known it was"

Tim cringed at the 'NOW' and the use of his full name. He sighed as he walked out along with all the other batboys. Jason just looked behind her and started laughing. He fell to the floor and laughed so hard he was crying. Tim and Dick tried to stifle their laughs, but failed miserably. She spun around to see Damian, the always composed and careful Damian Al-Ghul Wayne, just staring at the dark purple velvet box in his hand, he kept opening and closing his mouth looking like a fish now. She giggled at the sight, this was a surprise to the people who always saw the 'proper' Damian Wayne.

She walked up to him and said "I mean, I would love to be Mrs Wayne." she held her hand out as he opened the box and slipped the gorgeous ruby shaped as a heart with vines climbing up it. She giggled and pecked his cheek. The boys still hadn't stopped giggling. Bruce looked amused for once but didn't say anything. He had given Damian a small disapproving look when he realised he had forgotten to propose.

----------------------------------

"... that was how he had proposed to me, but I love him anyway. He was like a cute kitten for the next few days." Marinette said with a small giggle as Damian was gesturing to her to stop. He had a small hint of red on her cheeks. Everyone laughed and cheered.

She threw her bouquet of different types of roses. Cass caught it and blushed along with Jason who also looked kind of smug. He pulled her to him by the waist as she hid her face in his chest. Damian smirked at Jason and Marinette smiled at the two.

(1242 words)

- Toodles