Chapter 12

ASHRIEN'S POV:

The moment I push the button of the door buzzer infront of me, it didn't take a minute before it opens.

"You're back",sambit nito sabay yakap sa'kin.

Nag-intay naman ako nang ilang segundo, nagbabasakaling bibitaw agad ito ngunit isang minuto na ang nagdaan at hindi la rin ito bumitaw, kaya kinuha ko na ang atensiyon nito sa pamamagitan ng pagkunwaring naubo.

Natauhan naman ito at madaling bumitaw sa akin.

"Sorry...",he apologized scratching the back of his head.

"Hmm",tipid kong tugon.

"Uhmm.. come in",aya niya at pumasok nga ako.

Nang marating namin ang sala ay agad naman kaming umupo sa couch.

"Do you want a drink, or to eat something or anything?",he asked.

I shake my head.

"Uhmm then, how about the temperature? Did I raised the air conditioner too high? or low?"

"No, I don't need anything nor I feel uncomfortable in any ways. So, just sit down and let's get down to business"

"A-alright..", anas nito at unti-unting umupo sa tabi ko.

Ilang segundo ang nagdaan ay wala pa ring nagsimulang magsalita muli sa amin. Tahimik lang itong napatingin sa baba pero napapansin kong napapasulyap ito sa akin minsan.

I sighed.

"Do you want to tell me something?", I asked.

"Uhmm....Are you really staying here?"

I just nodded.

"Is it permanently?",he added.

Natigilan naman ako. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang isasagot. We can't predict the future. Moreover, I am not from here.

"S...so you are r..really going to leave...Why?.. I thought you are staying?"

He looked hurt.

"We don't know the future. You are already aware of my situation"

Muli itong napayuko at malalim na napaisip.

"Then...are you going to tell 'them' about you?...", tanong nito at unti-unti akong tiningnan sa mga mata. "Are you going back to school?"

Agad naman akong napaisip.

Is it okay for me to go back? What if the event four months ago would repeat itself? And how would I faced 'them' after what happened?

I was about to say my decision when he spoke.

"I hope you would continue the life you left here. From what I saw four months ago, I know you enjoy going to school, of course except on the part where I uhmm.. bullied you... and where most of the students at school are against you...",he said guiltily at the end.

I immediately remembered what he did before and checked myself. And as of the moment, I only feel a little bit of anger.

Looks like I'm not that cold hearted huh...

"What made you so sure I enjoy going there", I asked in very serious tone. I just want to tease him a bit.

Agad naman nanlaki ang mga mata nito at napapahiyang yumuko.

I snicker and leaned on the backrest of the couch which made him to raise his head.

"Just kidding", I said playfully. "Well, if you want me to go back to school, then I also want you to apply for college"