part 2-3

/part 2/

the shaky little boy whines on the ground of my apartment. the echoes trapped between the thick walls.

the connection is so strong i want to cry. i want to scream. i want him.

i need him. i leap forward to reach my doll. pain pierces my wrist as sharp chains and shackles strap me tight against the wall. blood drips onto my hand off my fingers.

my vision changes. the colors are warm, very warm. it made me dizzy, i felt high. i see that hanging body in the corner of my eye. i see that body bag across the room. i see that bloody head roll onto the ground, white eyeballs rolled back inside his head like a zombie. i see lights, all i see is red lights, red lights.

i screamed out loud.

a sudden jolt pushes through my joints and i sit up. my eyes felt dry. i was angry.

i screamed again, kicking my blankets off my bed. my fists curled up, my nails digging into my palm. i cut myself.

legs tired and limp, i did as much of a run as i could to the small kitchen drawer. i pulled it open, the silverware clattering like the sound of tightening chains. my hand lands onto the knife. the sight of the dried blood makes me want to cry.

it was the one i last killed with.

/part 3/

i go to school with my arm wrapped up and hidden under my sweatshirt.

no one cares. no one cares that i'm pale and sick. that i had a blood stained towel in my backpack. that i carried a knife in my pocket.

or they didn't notice.

the only positive thing today was my music class.

music was the only one who noticed i wasn't well, that i cut myself this morning, that i killed people.

it could reflect whatever i was feeling in great detail, but in the same way, it was cryptic to people who didn't care.

it was the one thing i was confident in. the only thing i trusted. the only thing i took pride in pursuing.

my attention was brought to the professor when he started his announcement.

'we have the usa 2021 music festival winner here with us today!' he cheered. i gasped, it was finally being revealed.

'one piece stood out' he continued, 'it was crowned the grand prize winner of the country!'

i smiled, my hopes high. it couldn't be anyone else in the room, it had to be me.

'dear my friend was deemed a masterpiece'

the smile dropped as fast as it lifted. that wasn't mine.

'would you please elaborate on this wonderful piece, min yoongi?'

i spun around, the pathetic boy, still stunned, slowly stood up. 'i'm so honored, this song holds such a special place in my heart,' he started, i could see his long eyelashes blinking in the lights. he flickered to me and i looked away, heart pounding in my chest like i was nervous.

he talked on for a little, and then sat back down while everyone clapped.

my confidence died with my heart still pounding to the beat of my music.