Chapter 11

It's been hours, or so Izuku thinks.

He sat on the thin mattress waiting for his fate, which was taking awfully long.

Izuku didn't mind boredom; he was always a patient child. Yet sitting in a dimly-lit empty room was not doing wonders to his mind. The only thing he could do was slam his head into the metal tray from earlier.

Izuku thought he was going to go insane.

The door opened, and a man stepped in. It was not Kurogiri. 

This new stranger had pale blue hair, messy and unruly. He was wearing a plain black long-sleeved shirt with black pants. The most eye-catching feature about him would be the hand placed over his face, covering most of it. Even with his face covered, Izuku could see that he was in dire need of some lotion.

"Get over here, brat," The man said. "And follow me." He was much more snappy and kidnapper-y than Kurogiri. Izuku decided that obedience was the only thing he could really do.

He got out of bed quietly and hurriedly scampered to the door where the stranger was impatiently waiting, tapping his foot against the floor. Izuku could tell that he was irritated, seeing that he was scratching at his already chafed skin.

He trailed behind the man, not daring to speak.

Izuku was led into an empty room, with another door on the opposite side of the room. It was a large door, almost three meters tall.

In the middle of the room was Kurogiri and another man. He wore a black suit and had white hair, but his face was covered by a mask.

What's up with all these people covering their faces? Izuku thought to himself.

The white-haired man turned to the sound of the door and stared at Izuku.

"Hello there. What's your name?" he asked.

He seemed nice, but Izuku didn't buy it. Still, he answered for fear of getting either slapped or vaporized. Possibly both.

"Midoriya Izuku." he replied quietly, staring at his hands. The man seemed to smile, and not nicely. "Well, you will call me Sensei. That is Shigaraki Tomura," he gestured to the person with the hand. "I apologize for kidnapping you, but it was not like you had the best home life or school life, did you? Consider this a blessing of sorts."

Izuku nodded, unsure of what else this 'Sensei' knew. Clearly, this guy had looked into him.

"Now, if you just stand here, I'll show you what you're going to do today." 'Sensei' gestured to a spot in the room, the very center. Izuku cautiously walked up to it.

'Sensei' held up a remote and pushed a button, opening the door. A figure staggered into the light, and Izuku stared, frozen.

--------------------------------------------------

Midoriya wasn't out tonight.

Aizawa knew it wasn't a bad thing, unless the kid ran even farther off. Unless he was just at home, doing homework or something non-suicidal. That was a better thought.

He ran from rooftop to rooftop as he patrolled. 

Aizawa had even gotten the kid a small gift, and he had planned to shove it in Midoriya's hands and swing away so he wouldn't be able to protest. Of course, Aizawa would also respect his wishes if the kid didn't want to accept it. 

He dropped into a street and yanked a mugger away from her victim. She'd been threatening a man into giving up all his valuables, holding up a knife to his throat. Aizawa yanked the weapon away and slapped some cuffs on her wrists. The woman cursed and wriggled around, trying to escape. Aizawa called the police to take her into custody. She immediately stopped moving.

"W-Wait! Don't call the police! I have a family to take care of!" the woman pleaded. 

"Where do they live?"

The woman glared at him. "You'll just put them into adoption centers, I'm not letting you do that!"

And that was that. The woman refused to speak, even as she was escorted to the police station.

Aizawa was switching patrol areas soon, he'd have to do as much as he could for his last few days here.

It was quiet tonight. 

Much quieter than Aizawa expected.

--------------------------------------------------

A muscular figure with gray skin and bulging eyes stepped clumsily into the light. Its brains were half-exposed and its mouth was replaced with what looked like a metal mouth guard. It was about the height of a high schooler, and it wore nothing but a pair of tattered blue jeans. Its hands had nails that resembled the talons of an eagle. 

Izuku backed away as the creature gave a shriek. The 'Sensei' person pushed him forward.

"Come on, Midoriya. Fight it." He said sternly.

Izuku did not want to fight it. 

The creature shrieked two more times before charging head-first at Izuku, swiping its claws at his arm. Izuku stumbled backwards as it attacked relentlessly.

He put his arms up to block a swing at his throat and tried to kick at the thing. He managed to land one on the creature's leg, but it did nothing.

Kick were the only thing he could do; his arms were too occupied trying to stop the creature from slashing at his neck and chest. Blood oozed out of the claw marks, staining his sleeves and creating a dark red puddle on the concrete floor. His arms burned from the pain.

Finally, Izuku managed to kick the thing in its half-exposed brain. It started spasming and screeched shrilly before falling onto the ground, frothing at the mouth. Izuku sat on the floor, cradling his bloodied arms carefully.

'Sensei' nodded his head. "I knew there was something wrong with the brain. I'll tell him to improve it." He and Shigaraki left the room, leaving Kurogiri with Izuku. The man was holding a first aid kit and pulled out bandages and rubbing alcohol.

Izuku winced as Kurogiri pressed the alcohol-drenched cloth to his wounds. It burned painfully.

He murmured out a quiet 'Thanks' as his arms were bandaged. Kurogiri led him back to the room with the bed.

Happy birthday to him.

Izuku gonna see some real stuff soon.

The trauma is necessary.

It's taking a really long time to get to the point of this story but bear with me pls ^.^;