Chapter 15

The detective forlornly stamped a red mark on the file case. He hated doing this. He hated every second of it, but he couldn't do anything else. He was under orders.

MIDORIYA IZUKU: DECEASED

Tsukauchi sighed heavily to himself. How was he going to break the news to the kid's mother? Of course, there was a possibility that he was still out there, alive, but this case was dragging on for too long, with no leads whatsoever and no clue to where he was.

He couldn't stay here forever. He had to visit Midoriya Inko.

--------------------------------------------------

Izuku wondered if anyone was going to get him. It's been quite a while since he was taken. Honestly, he had just given up on the thought of anyone actually trying to find him. 

Sumiko was great, but his injuries were not. Izuku had almost gotten his legs and face chopped off after a Nomu with sword blades for hands had taken a swing at his feet and head. He ended up with some pretty deep cuts, but Sumiko healed him up and lectured him for a while as he ate before healing him some more.

Now there was a giant scar on his right leg and another smaller scar on his chin, but Sumiko said it looked 'badass', and that made him feel a bit better.

There was another time when a Nomu with arms for legs had almost torn him in two. It was a strange and pretty violent sight, but Izuku had taken out a knife and sliced off its arms before it could pull him apart.

Sensei had ordered him to use the knife to fend for himself, and Shigaraki had handed him a stick. Or, to be more specific, a 'bo staff', as Sensei called it. He wasn't even given enough time to adjust, given the fact that Sensei had set the Nomu free before his five minutes were up.

Screw that, he wasn't even given five minutes. He steps in, he breathes, he blinks, he almost gets killed.

Izuku really wanted to punch Sensei in the stomach. If he could, he wanted to kick his balls and run away into the sunset like a cartoon character.

Is that what they did?

He didn't know, he never watched cartoons often.

Once, Sensei had slapped a blindfold on his head and forced him to use his other senses to fight. That fight had almost ended in his death, but he forced himself to use his already broken arm to hit the Nomu in the chest. That hurt like a bitch, he told Sumiko, and she laughed as she shoved some food in his mouth.

At least Sensei had been generous with the books, giving him a variety of different subjects to read and learn. There were two each of English and Math, three on Quirk History, and four on battle techniques. Along with other school subjects, Izuku was learning much more than he usually did at school. Maybe it was because Sumiko was a nice teacher, unlike those from Aldera, even though she insisted it was all his own hard work.

Or, maybe it was because the entire class wasn't around to bug his constantly with paper airplanes, erasers, and stones. Once, someone had called out, "Sir, Midoriya is cheating!" during a test, and the teacher had ripped out the paper and sent him to the principal's office, who then gave him a one-week suspension, saying it was a 'generous punishment' and he should be 'grateful'.

Izuku was happy for his new learning environment, even if he was forced to fight a creature that was always twice his size every few hours.

Sensei entered the room today. That was different, which meant that something different was going to happen today. Like the day he was given the knife, Sensei's posture had been slightly different. The day he was given the bo staff, Sensei had sounded different. The day he was given the blindfold, Sensei's breathing was different.

Izuku did not question it. He followed Sensei out the door and into a different corridor. This one was different; the walls were blank white like a canvas, the occasional cobweb and friendly spider in the corner of the walls. Izuku thought the white was rather blinding. It was very different from his concrete room, which was usually in dire need of more lightbulbs.

Izuku saw so many white doors. They looked exactly the same and Izuku saw at least twenty different doors before Sensei chose one that looked no different from the others and opened the door. Inside, it looked like a doctor and a mad scientist became interior designers and couldn't decide what theme to go with so they went with both.

A large surgical table was right in the center. Machines and tall chairs circled around it. A tall office chair stood to the side, next to a giant wooden table. It was piled with brown files and pens thrown around, and a tall metal drawer was overflowing with even more files. The way they were shoved inside carelessly made Izuku grimace; he liked to keep things tidy.

What alarmed him the most was the large metal cage, similar to those he once saw at a tiger exhibit in the zoo. Large, cold, and covered in scratches and dings.  

Inside the cage was a man, eyes staring at the ceiling and tongue hanging out. He saw Izuku and gave a small shriek.

Izuku's eyes widened in understanding, but mostly horror. Oh, no. Take him back and make him fight them. He did not need to see this, if this was what he thought it was. 

A short man in a white coat and familiar goggles walked into the room, and Izuku picked out a memory from his childhood. Wasn't this his pediatrician when he was little? Izuku gaped at him.

"Hello there, Midoriya. Quite a while since we met, hasn't it?" The doctor greeted casually. He stepped over to the cage and flicked a switch on a nearby panel, raising the bars slowly.

The man limped out, eyes turning wildly. The doctor strapped him to the surgical table and pulled out a syringe and a scalpel.

"Time to get started."

I do be giving him lots and lots of trauma. I'm addicted to it and it isn't healthy.