Chapter 19

"Squadron B, come in. Are you in position?" Tsukauchi spoke into his communicator. His answer was garbled static, but he made out a 'Yes sir' in between the screeching. 

Him and his team of officers and pro heroes stood in front of a seemingly normal warehouse, made entirely of metal. The doors were bolted shut.

It had been hidden with an illusion quirk of sorts, but eyewitness reports and hero patrols all confirmed that someone was walking out from the concrete wall. After months of investigation, they managed to spot the man himself walking out, though for what reason, they weren't sure.

His group, Squadron A, would attack from the front, while Squadron B would enter from the back. Secure all exits, apprehend the villains, and all that jazz. The last group, Squadron C, would encircle the perimeter and prevent anyone from escaping.

All Might punched a hole through the wall, creating an entrance. The police stormed in, guns out. The only thing present, save a couple of boxes and tattered plastic bags, was a wooden door. Tsukauchi approached it cautiously and scanned it for traps.

He deemed it safe and shoved it open. Behind the door was a dark hallway, lined with dark concrete and dim ceiling lights. The air was musty and a faint scent lingered in the air.

Blood.

The focused eyes of his fellow officers, along with some pros, told him that they, too had picked up on the smell. Tsukauchi turned his attention to the doors on the left side of the hallway. Further ahead, at the end of the corridor, was a different door. Tsukauchi flung open the first one. 

A plain white bed with yellowed sheets and a thin pillow sat in the middle. Next to him, Eraser Head had his quirk active as he scanned the room before stopping when he saw it was devoid of life.

There was a small wooden table at the side, with a glowing alarm clock on the side. A first-aid kit sat on the edge. A single lightbulb was the only thing illuminating the area, except for the light from the clock. The room was very small, the size of a gas station bathroom. 

Tsukauchi headed for the other room. This one was slightly bigger, with a large chest of drawers in the back. He rifled through it, pulling out various medical equipment and bandages. A bookshelf sat in the corner, filled with textbooks and notebooks.

What unnerved him was the faded red marks on both the rooms' bedsheets and floors, almost coated in the substance. The first room had much more marks than the second room; it was everywhere.

Again, the room was empty. Tsukauchi gestured to his men to head to the furthest door. 

Swinging it open, it was an even larger concrete room. This one was a wide empty room, with a closet on one side. Inside the closet were knives, staffs, cloths, ropes, and other things. 

In front of them was a door, roughly three meters tall. When a pro hero sliced off the lock, Tsukauchi pushed it open and took notice of the plain wooden door to the right.

God, there were so many doors in this place.

Tsukauchi turned the knob quietly. The crack let in some light, so he was cautious. He opened the door and found even more doors.

Fuck.

--------------------------------------------------

Izuku clawed at the restraints. The doctor had left him earlier to get more drugs, and if possible, he wanted to escape. Izuku hadn't seen Sumiko in so long, he was going insane with all the things getting injected into his body. Nothing too major, thankfully. Apparently, they were just medicines and weird nutritional fluids. The doctor said he was extremely unhealthy.

Gee, I wonder whose fault is that?

Izuku's eyes focused on the scalpel laying on the surgical tray. The restraints were leather today, as he was deemed harmless and 'tame'.

Like he was an animal.

The ground rumbled. Izuku turned to the source of the sound.

Maybe an accident in their laboratories or something? He looked back at the scalpel. It was closer to his hand.

Come on, do it again! Make another accident! 

Like you.

Shut up.

Another boom. The knife was so close. Just one more. After a moment, Izuku's wish was granted, for once.

The knife tumbled into his hand, and he barely managed to catch it. Hurriedly, he started sawing at the end of the leather. The blade was nicking his skin, making cuts here and there, but that was the least of his worries.

The leather snapped. Izuku worked on his other arm, then his legs. They popped free and he moved his joints around. He'd been strapped on that thing for a long time, and his stiff bones screamed their thanks.

Oh, boy. If Sensei caught him, he was dead meat.

Izuku pocketed all the other things he thought useful, like a first-aid kit, some chemicals and medicines, more shiny toys, and a load of bandages. Cracking the door open, he glanced out and saw the hallway empty. Izuku darted to the left, trying to find the door that led to his room.

He heard some soft whispering and darted back at the corner. He wasn't about to get caught again. Izuku scanned at the endless whiteness and noticed a door that stood out. This one was white like the others, but the doorknob was rusted and the wood around it was dirty.

Izuku thought to himself. He didn't know what was behind that door, but he didn't know where else he was supposed to go. Not like he cared what happened to him, but he wanted to get Sumiko out of here, at least. Was that the door to their rooms?

Izuku glided to it silently and cracked it open. Thankfully, it made no creaking sound. 

The odor hit him almost immediately. Izuku smelled dumpster juice and the faintest whiff of blood. It was a large metal dumpster filled to the brim with garbage. The dumpster led out to an alley, and Izuku could feel the wind in his hair.

It was the outside.

Izuku's mind began racing. He could actually get out. But what about Sumiko? He had to get her, too.

This was an easy choice. He darted back inside.

Finally. PROGRESS(kinda).

Sorry this is dragging on for so long ^^; 

I said it was vigilante Izuku but there's literally nothing yet TvT