Chapter 24

Izuku decided that he was going out again.

It was an easy decision, really. He didn't have anything else to do but write in his notebooks, scavenge for his meals, or sleep. At least if he saw other humans, he wouldn't lose his sanity. Even the stray cats would do. 

How pitiful. Your isolation has made you desperate. Imagine what people would say to that.

Oh my god. Shut up.

Izuku batted himself on the head. If he kept appeasing the voice in his head, he'd be here all night. He tugged his mask harshly onto his face and picked up a metal pipe he found in the beach junkyard. He would have liked a lighter object, but this was fine. He also wouldn't have to worry about it breaking. The beach had tons of pipes.

He brought his notebook and pencils so he could write about details of crime scenes. 

Izuku also managed to procure a coil of thick nylon rope. He deduced it would be useful for tripping up thugs, if he didn't manage to trip himself up in the process. He could just picture the look on his face as he stumbled over his own trap and ate the dirt, whoever he was fighting would start laughing hysterically, and eventually, the victim joining in-

Ok, shut up. I will not hesitate to punch myself in the face just to get you to zip it.

And yet the only person who would profit from this would be me.

Izuku punched himself in the face. 

He received no response from the demon in his head. He nodded, slightly satisfied with his victory, and pulled himself up onto the rooftop patio. As he ran a hand over his cheek, he was greeted by the mild but sharp pain that signaled a fresh bruise had been formed. It wasn't a serious hit, though, so it would go down in a while.

Izuku allowed the stinging cold air to act as a sort of cold compress for his face. Free and hopefully efficient.

He thought about scouting from rooftops instead of walking on ground level. It would work better and Izuku would get an adrenaline rush and a reason to live. He climbed over the wall and landed onto the building to his right. It wasn't a steep drop. He barely managed to catch his pipe from hitting the cement and making a loud noise. Izuku pulled himself to his feet, dusted himself off, and started running.

--------------------------------------------------

What a pain.

Aizawa picked himself up to shut off his ringing alarm, signaling that his patrol was to start soon. Twelve in the morning was not an ideal time to be awake, but he'd gotten his share of sleep in the afternoon, so he couldn't complain. 

Also, Tsukauchi wanted him to keep a look out for the kid from that day.

Oh, mysterious stranger. What joy you bring me. Now the detective is going to be on my back for an unbearable amount of time.

As much as Aizawa thought that, he knew that it was completely untrue. As rational as he was, he knew he had a weak spot for hurt, traumatized children. And this one seemed like a hurt, traumatized child that he knew he would end up getting attached to. Just like the other one.

Green hair and green eyes lifeless and dim and tears and bloody gashes-

Aizawa snatched his scarf of the shelf and tossed it around his neck, settling into the comfort of his capture weapon. Hime, his cat, clawed at his leg and demanded for her food with a loud call.

She was so pampered. Aizawa reached down to pamper her some more.

As Hime was distracted with food, he grabbed his utility belt and left his apartment, breathing in the cold air. Aizawa swung onto the roof and started his patrol.

--------------------------------------------------

Not even half an hour and Izuku had already witnessed two fights, breaking them up in the process. One was an attempted mugging and the other was a drunkard who had gotten too handsy with what seemed to be his colleague.

Izuku had dragged them to the police station and was doing a pretty good job at being unseen, though they were quite heavy. He would knock on the door, flee, and watch from the dark as officers scratched their heads and puzzled about the people at their doorstep before taking them in. 

Izuku could not deny it, but this was very riveting. It was just like when he was back at the warehouse, but fighting people instead of genetically engineered brain-dead victims.

Fun. 

The amount of crime in the streets was disturbing, though. By the third hour, he had to stop two kidnappings, three more assaults, and a drug deal. Hauling them to the station was already getting tiring.

Oh, wait. What if I used something like a plank with wheels to roll them around? That'd definitely be easier.

Izuku stored that in his mind for later when he heard a cry and ran towards the sound.

A woman was being crowded by a group of men. They were holding a knife to her head and one was rifling through her purse. They all stared at her with hungry eyes.

Izuku crept quietly towards the group to assess the situation. The guy who held her purse looked like he had a mutation quirk, seeing that his hair was made of needles. The knife was probably the second man's quirk, as it extended from the back of his hand. The last man had no visible quirk, so Izuku would have to be careful.

This was bad. Three grown men with powerful quirks against a scrawny child with a pipe, some rope, and just recently, a trash can lid that wouldn't be much of a help against knives and needles.

Izuku wanted to help. But if he screwed this up, the woman would suffer for his incompetence.

He took a deep breath and readied his weapons.

Izuku charged in.

So I know this isn't realistic

But my writer's block is getting bad

Let's all just agree that Izuku is a badass bitch who can defeat adults because he's the main character :D

What am I even saying

I apologize for not putting in effort and half-assing this story T^T

NonchalantOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara