Chapter 17

Izuku woke up sweating.

Great. He used to have nightmares when he was a kid, and he hated them. They'd actually disappeared for a while, but they just had to come back.

What time was it? Izuku glanced over to the glowing numbers. 3:30. He would be home right now, walking in with bruises and casually walking past his mom who did not care about it.

Was neglecting your child a crime? Izuku hoped it wasn't. He didn't want his mom to get sent to jail. Then he'd be even more of a bother.

On the other hand, the authorities might not even see the problem if the kid was quirkless. 

Izuku swung his feet off the bed and glared at the neon clock. Even the numbers seemed angry at him, glaring back with their bright neon light. 

Sensei entered the room as usual. Izuku swore he looked almost happier. "Did you not sleep well? Your dark circles are more pronounced than usual."

Izuku wanted to glare at him, too, but Sensei wouldn't be happy with that. He slipped off the bed and followed the path he committed to memory.

Entering the room, Shigaraki slapped the staff into his hands and pushed a button. Izuku got himself ready and prepared to attack.

--------------------------------------------------

The man rapped on the doctor's door twice, and entered when the faint 'Come in' sounded. He observed the spasming half-made Nomu on the surgical table and smiled. The doctor switched out the scalpel he was using for a syringe and a bottle filled with dark liquid.

"When will we be able to operate on him?" The doctor asked. The man grinned to himself and passed the doctor a pair of forceps when he called for it. 

"Not to worry, it will happen very soon." The man replied. He pulled out a cloth and wiped away some blood that had gotten on his fingers. The doctor grinned, pleased with his answer. He reached for a machine's plug and stuck it in the creature's brain, earning a high-pitched squawk. The machine whirred to life.

The man took his leave, the doctor wishing him well. It would not be long before his masterpiece was to be created. A Nomu who only obeyed his orders, but could still think and act for himself. He would be able to talk, but be unable to go against the man's wishes. 

His training was going on splendidly, and his body was strong and flexible, quick and nimble. There might be some problems with his mental state, but the man ignored it.

What a fine specimen, Midoriya Izuku was. Perfect for his plan.

Just a few more months. 

--------------------------------------------------

Sumiko chopped his head lightly as she bound his wounds. Izuku had gotten careless this time, getting a glancing blow to his arm and crushing the bone into shards. It wasn't much of a problem after Sumiko had fixed him up partially, but he needed to eat and replenish his blood before she could heal him thoroughly and he could use it again.

She shoved the spoonful of egg yolk and rice mix into his mouth and held the bowl for him. Izuku was right-handed and it was his dominant hand that had been injured, so Sumiko insisted on it. Izuku wriggled the finger of his left hand and subconsciously started tapping and signing. 

"What'cha thinking about?" Sumiko asked. She must have noticed him signing. Izuku slammed his hand down. 

"Nothing." 

"You were saying 'I hate today first I have a nightmare then my arm gets broken then I have to bother Sumiko and now she has to feed me'. You weren't pausing, so that's an F for your grammar quiz and that chapter about punctuation." she chuckled.

"Secondly, you are not bothering me. I was the one who volunteered, dummy," she scooped another spoonful of rice. Izuku pursed his lips in disbelief.

"Thirdly, you had a nightmare? I thought those stopped ages ago." 

Izuku swallowed the lump of eggy rice. Curse his habit of mumbling that now managed to infect his sign language and his Morse code. 

" 's nothing." he murmured. 

Sumiko frowned at him. She set the bowl on the table and sat next to him, running a hand through his hair. It wasn't very thoroughly washed, since all they had was a sink and some kitchen soap, but it was definitely better than never washing it.

"Just the quirk of the guy they experimented on." Izuku said. He liked it when people played with his hair. It felt nice.

Sumiko sighed and reeled in her questions. She knew Izuku well enough to know that he hated if he was pushed for answers, though he never said it.. She placed her fingers on his broken arm and started humming softly, as usual. His arm restarted the process of healing and Sumiko slid the pillow under his head as he got drowsy.

How much longer were they going to be kept here?

--------------------------------------------------

The weeks passed in a blur. Sensei had decided that one mega-strong creature wasn't enough and decided to put three Nomu against him. 

As a result? He almost lost his toe, if not Sumiko had managed to stick it back on him.

Fortunately, he was getting less hurt, since he was learning how important it was for him to not get crushed to death. That would be painful.

Two fucking years since he was taken. Of course, Izuku knew it was nothing compared to the nine years Sumiko wasted in this hole.

But today, Izuku knew that Sensei had something different planned for him. He'd never seen the man this pleased before. Izuku half-expected Sensei to start laughing.

Instead of the usual massive gray area, he was brought to a blank room. There was no light at all, except from the corridor lights.

There was nothing inside, and it was even smaller than the room he slept in, the size of a storage closet.

Sensei nudged him in and locked the door.

--------------------------------------------------

Toshinori finally found him. After years of hiding, All For One had been found.

It was time to avenge his master's death.

The police and other pro heroes planned to head out in a week. Nighteye warned him, urged him not to go, telling him of the ghastly things in his future, but Toshinori waved him off.

"All For One is my responsibility, so I must take care of him." Toshinori had replied.

Nighteye had stormed off in a huff, although it was a very composed and elegant huff. 

I'm sorry this is taking so long-

Progress will be made(hopefully) in the next two or three chapters

I personally think that I did not think my idea very thoroughly so I apologize profusely. If something doesn't make sense, feel free to tell me. Honestly, I think my idea is ridiculous and doesn't really guarantee a good amount of angst.

Thanks for reading :)