The Beginning

Hello, loves!

Welcome back to the From Hatred to Chaos to Love series!

This is the second book in the series if you haven't finished or read the first book, please go do that as this book contains spoilers!

I'm trying to explore new things while I'm growing my account and my fandoms. I think part of that is going to be doing a little "About Me" in the first authors note of every story.

So ... hi! My name is Ray! I'm a teenage author and I've been doing this for a few years now. My first fanfiction is my Life as Harry Potter's Twin Sister series which definitely isn't my best work since I was young when I wrote it and I hadn't yet developed as an author yet. I live in the Pacific North West in the United States and I'm currently enrolled in high school. I've had multiple account deletions on Wattpad and this is the reason I've begun posting on Archive of Our Own (AO3) as well as Wattpad. The time that I can spend writing fluctuates quite a bit as my extracurriculars start and end. My grammar and spelling aren't always the best and my checkers don't always work so please excuse any problems.

I do consider myself somewhat of a beginning author because I do have a lot to learn. If you have any tips, please feel free to inform me, I always want to learn more about writing to become as good of a writer as I possibly can! I used to write under a penname (Angel Hope) which I established when I was younger and I've recently realized that I hated it. So I decided to switch to Ray which is part of my real name. Since I am in high school, I'm not yet comfortable with revealing who I actually am because I don't want people at school to learn what I do in my free time.

That's enough about me! Let's get into the story!

This series covers the lives of Alyssa Torres - a thirty-year-old female Squad lieutenant who works at Firehouse 90 in Chicago, Illinois - and Kelly Severide - a male Squad lieutenant who works at Firehouse 51 in Chicago. They two have had problems since they were both candidates in the fire academy. Alyssa and Kelly both saw other people while they deeply despise each other. Alyssa goes out with Antonio Dawson - a detective in Chicago - and Julian Black - an "accountant" who moved into the same apartment building as Alyssa. Kelly slept with multiple women but dated two - Nicki Rutkowski who worked at Firehouse 51 as a payroll clerk who was discovered to have been engaged and cheating on her fiance. Renee Royce was the other woman Kelly dated. She was an international finance lawyer who moved to Madrid and Kelly thought she was gone for good.

Until she showed up outside Molly's one evening, four months pregnant and claiming the baby was Kelly's. 

That's where this sequel picks up. With what happened once the words left Renee's mouth. Was the baby Kelly's? What would happen to Alyssa and Kelly's relationship?

See, Alyssa and Kelly had recently started dating after admitting that they'd been in love with each other for roughly the last ten years. Alyssa had thought about her future with marrying Kelly and having kids with him just hours before Renee showed up.

Julian Black - the "accountant" - had charmed Alyssa, making her believe he really had feelings for her. Before the worse happened. Julian Black raped Alyssa Torres. He had destroyed her, completely changed who she was. She had run to Kelly Severide as soon as she'd gotten away and had so much trouble getting out of his arms. Kelly was the only person that Alyssa would talk to - he became the only person she trusted. It took lots of time and patience for Alyssa to return to what she used to be. And even now, months after the incident, she hadn't yet fully returned to who she used to be. How is Renee Royce returning to Chicago going to affect Alyssa's mentality?

Now, we get into what really happened.

Stay tuned and enjoy!

Love you!

~ Ray