C H A P T E R - T H R E E

Hey, loves!

Sorry for a long time between chapters but I'm definitely trying to push them out before I have to do a whole week of testing. The last day of school is the second week in June so expect hopefully weekly or every two-week updates from the on out!

Defintely give ideas for the next chapter if you have any because finding inspiration for chapters has been hard lately!

Thank you guys for your patience,

Ray

~

Despite Alyssa Torres' promise that she would be back to Chicago soon via the phone call with Kelly Severide, more than two months after that phone call, the woman still wasn't back. Nor had anyone heard anything else from her.

Kelly had taken that 'soon' meant within the next month. But by week five, he had begun to lose hope and he figured that she was just telling him that to provide some sort of comfort. But It just caused him more pain than he thought she meant to. He was constantly on edge whenever someone knocked on his office or apartment door or when anyone walked into the firehouse from either the apparatus floor or the garage door. But it was never her.

Kelly and Renee began to get closer. Kelly no longer felt as much hostility towards the woman since he realized that it could be years before Alyssa returned and he would have to raise this child with Renee. He didn't feel tense when Renee snuggled up next to him or when she would link their fingers together as they walked through whatever baby store Renee wanted to go to at that point.

Renee obviously still was set on the idea of making Kelly hers and only hers and, suddenly, it didn't sound like the worst option. Yes, he was missing Alyssa and, yes, he was still deeply in love with her but he didn't know how long he'd be waiting for her even though he would wait for years. The only problem was that Renee was here. And Alyssa wasn't. Renee was having his baby and he knew he had to be there to raise it.

But, just when Kelly thought that he could live with Renee and raise their child together, Shay brought up something that he hadn't even considered.

"Can we talk," Shay had said, walking up to the man who was sitting at the Squad table, halfway through a game of cards

"Oh, uh, yeah," Severide says, shooting his roommate a confused look before following her out of the apparatus floor and to his office.

"Listen, Kel, I know that you are really starting to warm up to Renee but ... I was looking at the date that she left and how far along she is and ... well, it doesn't really line up, Kel."

"What are you talking about?" the man asks, his brow furrowing as he looks up at the blonde.

"Her due date suggests that she got pregnant after she left for Madrid, Kelly."

After she left? But Renee had tod him that she hadn't seen anyone else even though he had with Alyssa.

"But ... that doesn't make sense," Kelly says slowly, stumbling a bit over her words.

If Renee had come back knowing that the baby wasn't his and purposefully ruined his relationship with Alyssa then he would be absolutely furious.

"The day that she's due suggests that she got pregnant two weeks after she left for Madrid."

Kelly dropped his head into his hands, rubbing his eyes. And Shay took that as her cue to leave the office and leave the man to his thoughts.

That couldn't be true, could it? Why would Renee fly all the way back here from Madrid just to force him into a baby that he truly had no connection to.