𝟎𝟎𝟑

𝙰𝚃𝙻𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰 𝙶𝙰 - 𝟾:𝟺𝟻 𝙰

𝙰𝚃𝙻𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰 𝙶𝙰 - 𝟾:𝟺𝟻 𝙰.𝙼.
——

Cairo sat on his bed as his eyes adverted to the phone laying on the dresser next to him, the speaker button lit up as his aunt's voice flowed through the phone.

"Cairo, you listening baby?" His hands moved upwards to brush over his fresh cut, showcasing his waves.

"Yes Ma." He responded, on the other end knowing  his aunt had a slight smile plastered on his face from him calling her "Ma."

"Have you been getting any sleep lately?"

He got up from the edge of his bed, nodding his head as if she could see him. "Yes." He lied, looking over at the clock that illuminated on his nightstand telling him that he was now going to be late for work.

"Okay, well imma let you get ready for work. I love you." A slight smile etched across his face knowing her words were genuine. "I love you too."

His phone let off three beeps telling him she hung up.

Talking to his aunt always held significance in his heart because she was the only family Cairo had left which made him cater to her most often.

Sending her money, paying her bills, and other things was his way of showing his appreciation for raising him as her own. Although he thought he wasn't showing his appreciation enough she surely assured him he was.

Cairo walked further into his closet grabbing a matching Nike tech set that laid on a hanger— pulling
the sweatpants over his legs following with a white shirt and the matching jacket.

He was bound to be late for work, knowing his schedule was packed today— the workaholic in him was satisfied, he now had something to do to take his mind off his never-ending thoughts.

He grabbed his ' Black Cat '4's out of his shoe containers, carefully sliding his feet into them before lacing them up with quickness. He grabbed his business phone off of the charger stuffing it in his pocket along with his other phone.

He swung his keys around as he jogged downstairs making sure Duke had food and water before he left. "I'll be back in a few hours boy." He scratched the side of his face as he nuzzled up under him a bit.

Cairo sped down the freeway as he started on the way to his barbershop, his eyes adverted to a picture sitting on his dashboard.

It was a picture of him and his brothers all three of them sat on a bed in the apartment that they once all lived in. They all sported a bright smile on their faces as if they were the happiest children alive.