𝟎𝟐𝟗

excuse any mistakes!

𝙰𝚃𝙻𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰, 𝙶𝙰 - 𝟷𝟸:𝟶𝟾 𝙿

𝙰𝚃𝙻𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰, 𝙶𝙰 - 𝟷𝟸:𝟶𝟾 𝙿.𝙼.
——

The cold AC hit Haven's body as loose strands of her hair brushed against her face. She sat in her car occupied with a three-way phone call between her mom and stepdad as they now discussed their anniversary party. She had been responsible for helping them plan, leading her to vow that she was never planning anything for them as they were indecisive.

Only the sounds of her parents were heard talking beneath each other as she scrolled through the table decor to send back to the party planner. Haven couldn't help but laugh and put in her input as the two bickered over what extra decorations they wanted and didn't need.

With the amount of bickering they were doing at the moment Haven couldn't even imagine how their wedding planning went.

"Lolo, please tell her that we don't need cold sparklers." Her stepdad's voice captured her attention.

"Mama?" Haven questioned, amusement laced in her tone. "What would be the purpose of cold sparkers?"

"They would be great for when we dance and they add an extra pop for picture purposes."

"Lashae, cold sparkers aren't going to make a difference in them damn pictures. We already hired a photographer and videographer. That's all the shit you need for good quality pictures."

"Donavon, I said nothing when you wanted to rent out an unnecessary black-and-white Photo Booth." Her mom's rebuttal alone caused Haven to let out a laugh as she was indeed right. "So save it 'cause you're getting the sparklers."

"Go ahead and send the lady the cold sparklers."

"Y'all are a mess," Haven said, looking out of her car window. She sat in front of Amir's house as she had been waiting for him to come out for a few minutes now as he had asked for a ride to be dropped off to get a haircut.  "Are y'all done? No extras, I have been blowing up this lady's phone all day about what decorations and add-ons y'all want."

"We done." Donavon quickly insisted. "Shit, for the price of this party we could've turned it into a vow renewal."

"You always comp--" Haven didn't bother to let her mom finish as she abruptly hung up the two. As they were aggravating one another they were slowly aggravating her as well throughout the whole process. She put in her head to call them back later although she most likely was going to forget.

Amir finally exited his house as he held a phone up to his ear, a suggestion on why it was taking him so long to come out in the first place. Before he could tug on her car door numerous times she unlocked it as he made his way down the porch steps.