𝟎𝟏𝟗

quick message: all chapters from now on will be written in third person! chapters 2-18 will slowly be edited into third person so feel free to go back and read once they will be edited, if you want.

𝙰𝚃𝙻𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰, 𝙶𝙰 - 𝟷𝟷:𝟺𝟼 𝙰

𝙰𝚃𝙻𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰, 𝙶𝙰 - 𝟷𝟷:𝟺𝟼 𝙰.𝙼.
———

Cairo stepped out of his car making sure to lock it behind him. He yawned slightly as he made his way to his aunt's front door, ringing the doorbell shortly after waiting for her to open the front door. "Who is it?"

"Open the door ma." He replied, shifting back and forth due to the slight breeze that hit him.

"Son, you have a key." He heard her say before hearing the locks on the door twisting. "Come on." She ushered him into the house pushing it close behind him.

He took in the familiar vanilla scent that grew an aroma in her home. The familiar scent easily made him feel relaxed and welcome as he took a seat on the couch.

"You finally came to see your aunt, huh?" She teased Cairo as she walked into the kitchen. "Come, I need your help with something."

"Why you always gotta do that." Cairo laughed referring to her mentioning that he finally came to see her."

"I'm just joking, baby. I understand that you're a busy man now."

Cairo nodded. "What you need help with?" He looked over seeing her stir something inside a big stock pot.

"That." She pointed up high to a Tupperware bowl that sat on the top shelf. "I don't know why I put it up there knowing I'm short."

"You need a step stool." He spoke more so to himself, a reminder for him to get her one.

"How have you been?" She asked adding seasoning to whatever was in the pot before grabbing a wooden spoon and giving it a taste. "Needs more, pepper."

"Living." He truthfully spoke.

He didn't know how to put a title on how has been for the past couple of months. He had felt as if he had been happy but soon went back to his old ways— feeling nothing but emptiness.

If anything he knew, Haven purely brought some light into his life during the past few months that they had developed a friendship.

"Is there a girlfriend in a picture?"

"N- why you always asking me that?" He moved from leaning against the counter to now taking a seat at the table that sat in the corner. "What if ion want a girlfriend?"