𝟎𝟎𝟓

𝙰𝚃𝙻𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰 𝙶𝙰 - 𝟷𝟸:𝟹𝟶 𝙿

𝙰𝚃𝙻𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰 𝙶𝙰 - 𝟷𝟸:𝟹𝟶 𝙿.𝙼.
——

Haven laid in her bed as she looked at the flat screen tv that was now playing Chicago Med. Her attention shifting from that and her MacBook.

Although today was her off day from class and work she still took the time to set a couple of hours aside to put effort into studying.

Although, she didn't want to.

A ping sounded off from her phone causing her to pick it up reading the name "Sperm Donor", causing herself to mentally sigh. Prepared for whatever bullshit he was going to pull today.

𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥 (𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐦 𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫)
Today 12:32 PM

I put more money in your account.

thanks.

How's Donovan?

She locked her phone leaving him on read after she received his last message failing to believe that he actually wanted to have a real conversation with her.

Haven always wished she had a better relationship with her dad but now at the age of nineteen she could care less. She finally noticed she was always putting more effort into their relationship than a grown man.

To Haven dropping money in her account every so often was not being an active father. Haven and Nasir both refused to touch the money knowing that if they did it would later be thrown back in their faces during an argument.

She always felt like their relationship with their dad bothered her more than Nasir considering he never showed any reaction to his failed relationship with their dad.

Which made her believe, he was suffering in silence.

For her, that wasn't something she wanted but she didn't wanna pressure her brother into talking about it because she wanted him to have his privacy.

Their father wasn't active in their life enough to make sure Nasir and Haven's bond was tight which resulted in their mothers to take on that responsibility.

This helped them become closer than ever.

Many people joked that they were twins because they were always attached at the hip. Wherever he was she was and vice versa. They were forever best friends and nothing could change that.

Although she had a failed relationship with her biological dad, her stepdad stepped up and took responsibility.

Donovan and Haven's mother got married when she was ten— throughout the years he dated her mom he treated her with the utmost respect. He treated her solely as his daughter considering the fact he didn't have any kids and Haven was the only child.

He always held a significant spot in her heart because in a short amount of years he did more for her than her father did for her at all.

Sometimes she would catch herself calling Donovan 'Dad' instead of his real name but after a while, it didn't phase either of them because she considered him her "Dad".

He also treated Nasir with the utmost respect because she her and brother were close and he had no other father figure in his life.

Michael was certainly bothered that another man stepped up and took his place. This confused Haven because he now was married and took care of somebody else's kids.

A knock on her door now stopped her from being drowned in her deep thoughts. "Come in!"

"No class or work today?" Donovan questioned, peeking in her room slightly.

Haven shook her head as a response. "No."

"That's good, I'm still concerned that you are overworking yourself sometimes."

"I know, mama told me but I'm not though I promise I'm balancing it perfectly fine." Haven stated.

Haven found herself working a lot, more than she needed to be.

Whenever she wasn't at school she was braiding hair or sometimes multi-tasking both. Coming home from standing on your feet for hours just to study your night away was starting to take a toll on her body.

People were starting to notice but she just brushed it aside and assured them she was doing fine.

"Okay, Haven just don't overwork yourself."

Although Haven didn't know it she was slowly becoming a workaholic.

"That nigga is truly quiet as hell," Haven spoke, to Harmony.

Haven was simply telling Harmony about the simple interaction she and Cairo had. Although he spoke to her for a little minute during the interaction.

Afterward, he was truly quiet, not a word came from him although Haven didn't expect a word from him.

He simply finished smoking and sat on his phone for a lil minute before leaving the patio and making his way into the house.

"That's Cairo for you, he's usually quiet but as soon as you speak to him. He's bound to say something disrespectful."

Haven found that hard to believe since he was fairly nice from the interaction although their conversation only lasted for a minute. She did take notice of him pointing out the fact she was indeed staring at him.

That simple interaction had her fairly intrigued which left her wanting to know more.

♕︎
ik I ghosted this book for a lil minute but here is a filler chapter for right now. y'all asked for a lil background story on Haven so here you go.

hopefully, y'all saw a lil small similarity between Haven and Cairo though that I threw in there. I also changed Haven's middle name because I wasn't feeling her middle name being "Love"