𝟎𝟑𝟎

excuse any mistakes! (if you need a refresher since it's been a minute, read the last chapter)

𝙰𝚃𝙻𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰, 𝙶𝙰 - 𝟷𝟸:𝟹𝟻 𝙿.𝙼.

Cairo looked around his surroundings as he chewed on a piece of Extra gum. He had been sitting in his car with pure silence for the past couple of minutes.

His center of attention was maintained on the somewhat isolated house that sat on the end of the neighborhood he now was parked on the side of. Cairo was still on the search for more answers behind Dominic's murder and he certainly wasn't going to let it go.

A few days ago...

The semi-hot weather outside along with the swift breezes throughout the air satisfied Cairo at the moment. It had been hot outside in Atlanta all week and it finally cooled down, allowing him to enjoy his patio furniture to its potential, without the hot sun beaming down on him. Even, Duke seemed to be enjoying it as he ran in circles throughout the fenced backyard.

Minus his bedroom, the backyard was the most peaceful place in Cairo's home. In his opinion, It was one of the best features of his and Haven's home as they happened to score one of the larger backyards in the new neighborhood.

"Let me get this straight." Ant's voice came to his senses as Cairo looked away from Duke. "So, you think that yo' dad killed his own son?"

A/N: some of y'all become confused with characters. Ant was introduced a few chapters ago (when all of them were at the pool). He was introduced with his girlfriend Tori.

"I don't think he did it himself, I read his body language. He either put someone up to it or if it wasn't his motive, he knows who did it."

Ant paused for a second, contemplating what he was bound to say. "Don't take this the wrong way. Do you think yo' auntie knows something about it?"

"Nah," Cairo spoke with no hesitation. "She don't fuck with them folks. If anybody would know something it would be all his other sisters. They all weird just like him, never liked my mama so they never cared for me or my brothers."

Present time...

He now stood on the porch as he pressed on the ring doorbell. He didn't avoid any eye contact with it as he looked straight at it, letting her know he was outside and he wasn't going anywhere. Cairo continued to keep his eyes on his surroundings as she was taking her time to come to the door.

As he turned around to look at a car that sped past through the neighborhood, Cairo heard the noise of the door opening causing him to quickly tap his attention. He now stood face to face with the figure of his aunt as she held a look of no surprise.