Back Off Malfoy

My first day back on the job. My alarm went off and I jumped out of bed, throwing on my robes and concealing my wand, I brushed through my thick, unruly, wavy brown hair and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my keys and walked out of the door. My apartment was only a few minutes from the British Headquarters of the Ministry, and as I walked down the sidewalk, I saw white hair a few feet in front of me and said aloud, 

"You've got to be kidding me." he must have heard me because  he turned around and when he saw me, he waited for me to catch up. I stopped walking, and after a moment, he approached me.

"Hawthorne. Fancy running into you again."

"What do you want Draco?"

"So we're on a first name basis? We're getting somewhere."

"Back off Malfoy." I scoffed. I started walking again, trying to avoid him but he caught up and kept talking.

"Word is you went out with Granger and that lot the other night."

"What do you care?"

"You're too good for that squad, you should start hanging out with me-" Before he could finish his sentence I punched his throat and grabbed the collar of his shirt as he coughed, choked and gasped for air. I pinned him up against a wall by his throat and he continued to cough as he tried to breathe.

"Listen closely you little ferret." His cheeks flushed in embarrassment and he struggled to breathe, i didn't ease off of his throat. "Those are my friends, and I suggest you keep your trap shut unless you want me to snap your neck." I finally let off and he gasped for breath, coughing as he bent over, on the sidewalk, trying to recover. I kept walking, ignoring the group of people who had stopped to watch. I wasn't going to let this arrogant little shit ruin my first day back on the job. As I continued walking, I saw the large cinderblock walls of the ministry headquarters and sped up, excited to start working again. As I walked through the doors, I approached the front desk and said,

"Hi! Arya Hawthorne here for my first day." The woman didn't even look at me. She just grabbed a large stack of paperwork and handed it to me. Then grabbed her wand and held it up to her face and said,

"Malfoy, your shadow is at the front desk." I instantly deflated. I heard footsteps approach behind me and turned to see Draco behind me looking a bit nervous, if not scared.

"M-Ms. Hawthorne-" He turned to cough into his sleeve and I had to hide a smug smile. He stopped coughing and looked back at me, annoyance mixing with the fear in his eyes.

"You'll be working with me during your probation period, let's go." He turned back to the door. and started walking. I caught up and walked next to him.

"Let's get this straight Malfoy. Don't flirt with me or talk bad about my friends and we won't have any issues. Got it?" He nodded, but said with a slight smile,

"I'm supposed to be your boss." I laughed.

"Well then don't piss me off and we won't have any issues." We laughed and walked out of the door together.

The rest of the day was quiet, Draco showed me to an office where He helped me file my paperwork and then he showed me around the building, we had a good time, laughing and chatting as we went through the day. And when it came time to go home, we walked out together and said goodbye on the sidewalk in front of my apartment. We shook hands and agreed to be friends, and that's how we spent most of our time the next few weeks, us chatting, tracking down rouge wizards, him lightly flirting and me threatening to end his life. Until one day, about a month or two later when my probation was finally over, he offered to take me out to celebrate and I accepted. We went out for drinks at the leaky cauldron and had a great night. And we continued going out for drinks every Friday night flirting back and forth until one Friday when we ran into each other at work and he asked me out to lunch the next day. Ever since our first night at the Leaky Cauldron, I'd been catching feelings, and now he was asking me out on a date? I said yes! Of course I did, regardless of all the rumors I'd heard about what a little bitch he could be, he was a lot of fun to be around. So that day I went home, changed and went back to the joke shop to see Ginny, hoping Hermione would be there. When I arrived and found them, Hermione flipped out, but Gin laughed and told me to have fun. So when I woke up on Saturday I spent all morning getting ready. When I heard a knock at the door and answered, Draco stood on my front steps in a black suit and green tie. We linked arms and headed off to dinner.