First Date

"You look great." Draco said, gesturing towards my sky blue dress with sewn patterns of my Patronus sewn across the skirt.  "Why the wolves?" I smiled.

"My Patronus."

"That's an impressive one."

"Thanks. What's yours. I'm guessing Dragon, based on your name."

"Not- Not exactly. Hermione told you That She almost broke my nose in third year, but did she tell you what Professor Moody did to me in fourth year?"

"Right, the ferret thing. So your Patronus is the same as your Animagus?" He nodded, looking a little ashamed. "I've always liked ferrets, they're cute." Draco smiled playfully

"Are you calling me cute?"

"Maybe." We laughed and kept walking, arms still linked.

"So where are we going?"

"You'll see!"

"Come on! Tell me! I hate surprises."

"We're almost there." I looked ahead of us and saw Paddington station.

"Are we taking the train?"

"Not exactly." He led me into the terminal and we walked into The hamburger restaurant that had been there since I had lived here during my time at Hogwarts. I used to love coming here.

"This used to be my favorite hangout spot!" I hugged him and we walked inside, We walked up to the counter and ordered.  I got a bacon cheeseburger with mushrooms, and Draco ordered a veggie burger. "You know, I didn't take you for a vegetarian." I laughed.

"Says the one who got mushrooms."

"Hey, don't knock it till you try it!"

"They grow in cow shit!"

"And? They are really good."

"Suit yourself." A cook brought out our burgers and we turned to sit down, but there were no seats left. "You know what, You've only been back for a few weeks right? Why don't I show you around the city?"

"That sounds great!" We walked out of the burger joint, his arms around my shoulders like we'd been dating for months. And we set off down the streets of London. 

Over the next couple of hours Draco and I laughed and chatted as we strolled and ate our burgers. 

"So how did I never run into you at school?"

"I spent most of my time in the Gryffindor common room reading."

"Perhaps you should have been a Ravenclaw then."

"No, no, no. You want to talk about a Gryffindor that should have been a Ravenclaw, Let's talk about Hermione." Draco Burst out laughing. and I joined him.

"You know, I've always wondered why she's not a Ravenclaw."

"Me too." We laughed and After another hour, he took me home. And I offered for him to come inside, but he denied, 

"I have to get home to Scorpius."

"Who?"

"My son." I grew scared.

"Are you and his mom divorced or-"

"Uh- N- No. She uh- She died during Childbirth. I've been raising Scorpius on my own ever since"

"Oh, Draco- I'm - I'm so sorry."

"We'd been married for three years, then when Scorpio was born, she died a few minutes after he was born. She was holding him when she died. It's been four years."

"I'm so, so sorry Draco."

"Thanks Arya. Like I said I've got to get home to my boy. I'll see you at work on Monday." I nodded and he turned to leave, but I called after him,

"Draco!" He turned to look back at me. and I said, "I had a lot of fun tonight, we should do this again. Maybe I can meet your son." He smiled warmly. 

"Yeah- Yeah. I'd like that a lot." He turned and left, and I felt my heart flutter. Instead of going inside, I waited until he turned a corner and then I Walked off to Hermione and Harry's house, I had a lot to tell her