Let it All Out

I knocked on the door and a young boy answered, he looked to be about four or five.

"Hello."

"Hugo?"

"How do you know my name?"

"I'm a friend of your parents."

"Who is it Hugo?" I heard Hermione call.

"It's me!" I called back. Instantly, Hermione was at the door.

"I want every detail."

"Can I come in?"

"Right, of course, sorry." She led me inside and we sat down at the table while the kids ran upstairs. "Every. Single. Detail." I laughed,

"I thought you didn't want me to go?"

"I didn't. But you did, so now I want to know everything."

"Well he picked me up, and we talked, then we went to that burger joint at Paddington station, then he showed me around London. We talked for a while and he took me back home."

"Did- Anything happen when he took you home?"

"NO! It was just the first date."

"Just wanted to make sure."  She said with a laugh. "So you got any plans to go on a second date?"

"I know I'm going to meet his son."

'Draco Malfoy has a son?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, and he seems to genuinely care about him."

"So where's the boy's mother?" Hermione asked suspiciously.

"She died." Her eyes widened.

"Oh gosh, how?"

"She died a few minutes after Scorpius was born. Some complication. I don't know all the details. I didn't ask."

"But how was it?"

"How was what?"

"The date! Come on, let it all out."

"It was so great! He's actually really nice, regardless of what you guys told me about him. He's so sweet and funny! I'm going to meet Scorpius soon."

"I'm glad you get to see this part of him. He was always a jackass at school."

"I guess being a father changed him. Whatever the case, I'm going to keep my guard up, I'm not going to let him fool me."

"Good, but until he gives you a reason to not trust him, enjoy yourself, you seem to bring out the best in him." I smiled, when I suddenly had and idea.

"Let's take the kids out tomorrow, we can invite Ginny and let the boys have a guys day."

"I. Love. That! I'll go see Ginny in the morning and we can meet up around noon?"

"Yeah, that sounds perfect."

"Great! I'll see you then." Hermione walked me out and I went home, climbing into bed, and instantly I fell asleep, dreaming about The white haired guy in the alley.