Surprise.

By the next morning, I'd forgotten about the letter. Draco had promised a surprise today, and I was too excited to think about anything else. I got dressed quickly and walked outside to find Draco waiting outside on the sidewalk.

"Well good morning." He smiled.

"Morning Arya."

"You mentioned a surprise?"

"Impatient." He laughed and I nodded. "You'll see when we get there."

"Come on just tell me!"

"You live five minutes from headquarters!"

"Too long!" He rolled his eyes, though he was still smiling. "Please at least give me a hint." He shook his head and I continued begging until we reached the doors. where we were greeted by our boss.

"Hawthorne, Malfoy, just in time. We've got a case for you."

"Us?" I asked

"Yes, Malfoy is your new partner." I looked at him and he held back his smile.

"Alright, what's the case?"

"Rouge wizard spotted near the Thames. track him down and bring him in."

"yes sir." Draco and I said together. I held back a small laugh and Draco tried to hide a smile before clearing his throat.
"We are on it sir." He took the case file from him and boss man walked back inside. Draco opened the file and we looked through the file. Without looking up at him I said,
"You shouldn't hide your smile, it's nice." He looked at me with a small smile and I punched his arm. "Come on, give me a real smile!" He rolled his eyes but smiled. I smiled back and said,
"Was that so hard?"
"Let's just find this-" He looked back at the file. "Emmitt Conifer." The File showed a blurred picture of a man holding a wand, he wore a yellow scarf and around him stood a group of muggles. 

"Let's get him." I said. Draco closed the case file and we walked off down the sidewalk hand in hand.

When we reached the Thames, I was shocked, the water in the river was so low that I could see the barnacles that had grown on the walls of the manmade river bed. The street and sidewalk were soaked with water and a nearby building had been obliterated to the point where all that was left was a few crumbling cinderblocks and some dust.

"He did this in front of muggles? Is he trying to risk the world we've built?"

"I'm not sure, but we have to catch him and track down any muggles who may have seen anything." I nodded in agreement and looked around the scene again. Behind a building next to the one that had been destroyed, I saw a familiar face that I had hoped I would never see again. The sight chilled me to my core, but I blinked, and he was gone. I started looking around frantically, trying to find him. Draco grabbed my arm and I flinched, But I looked at him and met his silver eyed gaze, and saw genuine concern.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"It- it's nothing, I'm fine."

"Arya-" He grabbed my other hand. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" I nodded and sighed.

"Alright, so back when I lived in America I had this really possessive boyfriend, he would always harass me about me cheating on him and- well one day he grabbed my arm really hard and it left bruises, another day he hit me- and he-he did other things Draco, things that messed me up really bad, I would never be able to be a normal girlfriend, I can't stand the thought of- well, you know. Maybe one day, but not now..." I stopped short, looking away to try and hide my tears. Draco quickly dropped my hands. "Draco, I think I saw him." Draco looked around quickly, before looking back at me. 

"Arya, is he why you moved from America?" I nodded.

"He sent me a letter last night too." I couldn't stop a tear from rolling down my tear and Draco wiped it away.

"Arya, what is his name? I will track him down, I will make sure he never hurts you again."

"Sage Nelson, he might be using a fake name, I'm not sure." I wrapped my arms around his tall, skinny frame, hugging him tightly. Draco hugged me back.

"Arya, I promise I will find him, tell me if you see him again or if he tries to reach out." I nodded, not wanting to let go of him. "Hey, look at me." I stepped back from the hug and looked into his silver eyes. "I promise, I will never do anything to hurt you like that, I swear. "I hugged him again and we stood there like that for a long time. Until I finally stepped back.

"Thank you Draco. I haven't really talked to anyone about it and I don't want to, so can wee keep this between us?" He nodded.

"Of course Arya. Don't worry, I won't say a word to anyone."

"Thanks."

"Hey, what do you say we move Date night to tonight?"

"I'd like that, a lot." I hugged him again. I needed to distract myself I gabbed the case file from Draco and looked at the picture of the rouge wizard. We were going to catch this guy.