Chapter 3

Tzuyu's POV
It was the second week after school reopened and I was walking with Chaeyoung towards our next class, English. Chaeyoung became extremely excited whenever it was English period ever since she found out that the blonde that we saw next to Ms Minatozaki on the first day of school was our English teacher.

She couldn't stop gushing about how pretty she was every time we had would have English lessons, it was like she was bewitched by her.

Our English teacher who we addressed as Ms Myoui, was an elegant and graceful teacher who spoke English fluently. If I had to choose one word to describe her, it would be 'Princess', that was how graceful she was.

Chaeyoung was smitten with her at first sight, and Ms Myoui being our English teacher seemed to just increase her attraction towards her.

"She's going to be my wife one day Tzu, I swear by it," Chaeyoung said while staring at no particular thing with dreamy eyes that screamed, 'I'm in love!'.

"Your delusional Chae, she probably has a boyfriend anyways"

Chaeyoung's mood instantly fell and her shoulders drooped upon hearing that. Whoops.

"Your probably right. Ms Myoui is such a catch, even if she doesn't have a boyfriend, I bet she has a long line of suitors outside her front door, vying for a chance with her. How could I, a high school student, go against her long list of suitors?" Chaeyoung said while sighing, her once light and happy steps became a trudging of her legs as she dragged herself towards English class.

I had never seen Chaeyoung this upset before, what's worse is I was the one who caused this.

"If you want, I could ask Ms Myoui if she is single?" I frantically said, trying to lift her spirits again, I was not used to a moody Chaeyoung and I felt guilty for her sudden change of mood.

"Don't bother Tzu, thank you for enlightening me. I should probably just forget about my feelings for her, I don't stand a chance with her" Chaeyoung said with her head lowered while sighing.

Fuck, I felt even more guilty now.

I slowly nodded my head, still trying to rack my head for ideas. The best and only way to lift Chaeyoung's mood was to ask Ms Myoui if she was single, but that could either end well or terribly, it was like a double-edged sword that I couldn't escape from.

With a steadfast will, I decided I would ask Ms Myoui if she was single and hope for the best.

'For Chaeyoung's sake,' I repeated to myself in my head.

Chaeyoung and I took our seats in English class, Chaeyoung still looking gloomy and heartbroken. Ms Myoui began teaching us about the different formats of writing we could use when we wrote essays.

"Any questions before you start on your essay?" Ms Myoui asked once she finished going through the different forms of writing.

Well, here goes nothing.

I raised my hand, gaining the attention of Ms Myoui.

"Yes, Tzuyu? What's your question?" Ms Myoui asked while adjusting her glasses, it was the first time I had seen her wear glasses and I knew for a fact Chaeyoung would start talking non stop about how cute or hot Ms Myoui looked in glasses if I didn't cause her mood to drop earlier on, her not babbling on and on about how hot Ms Myoui is was making me uneasy.

The rest of the class except Chaeyoung who was still in a gloomy daze had turned towards my direction, most had curious looks on their face, probably due to the fact this was the first time I raised my hand to ask a question.

Oh great, now I have the whole class attention on me! Exactly what I didn't want! Well, there's no turning back now.

I took a deep breath before standing up and asking my question with a straight face, even though I was nervous and panicking on the inside, I wasn't about to show everyone that I was nervous about asking Ms Myoui about her relationship status.