Chapter 14

Tzuyu's POV

"What have I ever done to deserve this" I groaned as I trudged towards the designated classroom, my feet dragging along the polished to perfection hardwood floor.

"It's not that bad Tzu, just think of it as extra practice and time will pass by quickly," Chaeyoung said as she patted my back, flashing a pitiful smile as we walked our way to the classroom. Chaeyoung had decided to walk with me to class as moral support, according to her.

"Easy for you to say" I sighed as we reached the door of the classroom.

"Have fun! I'll head home first" she said as she waved goodbye while walking away, earning a wave back from me.

Why did the whole interaction make me feel like she was a parent waving goodbye to a child on their first day of school? And why was I the child?

Brushing the thought off, taking a deep breath of air before knocking on the door to announce my arrival.

"Come in" I heard from the other side of the door.

Unwillingly, I turned the doorknob to let myself in, before choosing a seat at the corner of the classroom, the corner that was the furthest away from her. Throughout the whole time, I was walking towards the seat, I could feel her eyes staring at me.

As I finally settled down into my seat, I heard her speak again.

"What do you think you're doing?" she questioned as she looked at me in confusion.

"I'm taking a seat," I said as I took out my notebook and stationaries, not sparing a glance at her.

"Care to explain why your sitting in a corner then?"

"Cause I like this seat," I nonchalantly said.

"I'm not buying that nonsense. You can sit here, next to me, at the teacher's desk," she said as she crossed her arms, still staring at me, her face void of any emotions. Her once confused expression had turned to one of strictness.

"I can see and hear just fine sitting here Ms Minatozaki, you can write down what you want to teach on the whiteboard and I'll just copy them down onto my notebook"

"Stop playing games Tzuyu, sit here, now," she said as she used one hand to drag the chair that was previously facing the teacher's desk to face me, all the while she was still sitting on her seat.

"What if I refuse?" I said, staring at those piercing brown orbs.

"Tzuyu," she firmly said, eyes looking like they were staring straight into my soul.

It wasn't a request anymore, it was an order, a demand.

"Fine," I grumbled before slinging my backpack onto my right shoulder, carrying my materials in my hand, plopping down onto the chair she had faced towards me. It was for the best if I didn't try to push my luck and continued defying Ms Minatozaki's requests, which were more of commands than requests.

Don't be deceived by appearances, Ms Minatozaki may look like she was the nicest and friendliest person you would ever meet, but if she was serious, you would wish you were never on her bad side.

"See, that wasn't so hard right?" she said as she got out her red pen.

That darn, stupid, red pen, that same pen that gave me a 49/100.

"Could you take out your test paper? We're going to go through your mistakes in detail for today's session and clear any misconceptions you may have on any of the questions"

I grabbed my test paper from my file, flipping to the page where I had committed my first mistake.

"Do you understand where you went wrong with this question?" she asked as she pointed to the question that had a big 'X' near the answer, in that same red ink.