Chapter 4

Tzuyu's POV

How did I get myself into this situation again?

Chaeyoung immediately left after sensing the tense atmosphere in the room, which left me to fend for myself against a fuming chemistry teacher.

She definitely deserves the best friend of the year award now, note my sarcasm.

Once Chaeyoung had closed the door shut behind her, the room felt a thousand times colder.

"Come here," Ms Minatozaki said in the coldest voice I had ever heard before she took a seat on her chair behind the teacher's desk.

I was so screwed.

"Do you know the reason why you're here?" Ms Minatozaki asked with a low tone, her icy glare bore into my eyes while I kept my iconic poker face expression on.

"No Ms"

She sighed before lowering her head to stare at the ground, as if to contemplate something, before raising her head and staring right into my eyes.

"Why did you ask Ms Myoui if she was single today?" she asked in as gentle of a tone she could muster. I could see her trying her hardest to suppress her anger.

My eyes widened and I froze for a second, how did Ms Minatozaki know about this? It was one thing for the lunch ladies and janitors to know about my incident, but now another teacher knows too?

I thought long and hard about how to answer her question, I couldn't tell her the truth and get Chaeyoung implicated in this. I could feel Ms Minatozaki's eyes burning into me as if she was staring straight into my soul.

"Why did you ask Ms Myoui if she was single today," Ms Minatozaki said, her voice becoming more firm and demanding. It wasn't a question anymore, it was an order in the form of a question that I had to answer immediately if I didn't want to die in the hands of my chemistry teacher.

Most people would answer immediately in a panic. However, I knew there would be dire consequences if I panicked and answered rashly.

How I responded to her question would be vital in ensuring the fate of my life.

"I was just curious"

Upon hearing my response to her question, Ms Minatozaki's brows furrowed so much that her eyebrows were touching each other and creases started to form on her forehead.

"Were you just curious? Or was there an ulterior motive behind it" she said in a low tone while staring at me dead in the eye.

"It was purely out of curiosity"

In the blink of an eye, Ms Minatozaki had stood up and slammed her palms against the teacher's desk, causing a loud 'bang!' sound to be heard, which made me jump a little out of fear.

"Now is not the time to be fooling around Chou Tzuyu, tell me the truth and tell me now!"

"I'm telling the truth Ms, there is no ulterior motive behind it," I said in as calm of a voice I could muster, even though I could feel my heart rapidly beating out of my chest, in fear of the truth being exposed.

I was starting to get nervous but there was no way I could just throw Chaeyoung under the bus like that, I had to stick to my story if I wanted to get out of there alive.

I heard her sigh loudly before she sat back down on her seat and buried her head in her hands, massaging her scalp with her index fingers as if she was trying to soothe a massive headache that I was most likely the cause of. It remained this way for a minute before she looked back up at me again.