Chapter 22

Tzuyu's POV

"Come on! Jennie texted telling us to hurry over now! Someone is confessing to a teacher!" A junior, judging by her red name tag, exclaimed while pulling her friend along as they sped past us.

"A confession to a teacher? This is going to be the running scandal in the school for the next week or two. The headline: Student openly confesses to a teacher but gets shot down instantly!" Chaeyoung exclaimed, using her fingers to mimic a finger gun and exaggeratedly tilting to the side as she pretended to shoot herself with her finger gun.

I chuckled at her actions, shaking my head at her silly antics.

It was currently the middle of lunch break, Chaeyoung and I finished our lunches early and decided to take a stroll inside the school building to help us better digest our food. We were currently waiting for the bell to ring to signify the end of lunch break and to head to our next class.

"What if the teacher being confessed to is Ms Myoui?" I teased, a small smirk playing on my lips.

Chaeyoung seemed to stop dead in her tracks, her expressionless face was stoic and I could only imagine the gears furiously turning in her head.

"It better not be!" she exclaimed as she suddenly held onto my wrist and sprinted after the girl who was dragging her friend along earlier.

Funny how our actions became the exact same as what we had just witnessed.

All this running was going to leave me with stitches and not help with my digestion.

I was literally dragged by her, despite being taller than her, towards the direction the junior was running in as she frantically tried to track where the junior ran off to. We ended up at an intersection where there were two paths we could take.

"Chaeyoung! I was just kidding! I'm sure it's not Ms Myo-"

"She went this way. I can smell her"

"Huh?" I managed to let out before I was dragged forcefully by the wrist again by Chaeyoung, not having the time to comprehend what she just said.

"I see her," she announced as we noticed a group of roughly eight people crowded around the classroom's window that allowed people in the walkway to see into the classroom and vice versa.

"Isn't that the classroom for our next class?" I questioned, noticing the familiar classroom number while catching my breath from all the running we were doing.

The crowd surrounding the window was blocking the view of the inside of the classroom as they all squeezed to the front to try to catch a glimpse of the confession and ultimately, the rejection.

"Move it!" Chaeyoung shouted, startling both the students and I as those crowding the window quickly moved aside to make way for us to get closer to the window and witness the confession.

I was definitely still not used to this aggressive side of Chaeyoung when it came to issues regarding Ms Myoui, despite witnessing it multiple times.

"Phew, it's not her. It's just Ms Minatozaki and Ms Kim," Chaeyoung let out a sigh of relief as she wiped the sweat dripping from the sides of her head.

"Huh, if there's no confession ongoing, why is everyone still here?" I whispered so only Chaeyoung could hear, wondering why they were still crowding around the window.

Was it so entertaining to watch teachers talk to each other?

"Wait, something's off," she pressed a finger to my lips as she shushed me, to which I swatted her hand away in disgust. Who knew where her fingers have been in before. She stared intensely at the duo in the classroom in a seemingly serious conversation, analysing their every move.