Chapter 6

Fauna Kent's POV

After last night's event, I called in to be sick as I was not having any motivation to get my work done. I know I should have been keeping myself busy to forget this feeling or maybe surpassed it as I was looking at my laptop. I should get some work done.

"Fauna?" My mother's voice was coming from behind the door. I was sitting in bed as I did not feel like getting up for a shower or eating or anything in particular.

"Open the door,"

"It's unlocked," my voice was hoarse as I had been crying all over the night as I was replying to the event of the kiss last night. I should be ashamed but again I was angry. Angry that my sister gets the better part of the deal and I have to deal with the consequences.

"Fauna, why aren't you working?" She asked me as she was looking at me when she opened the door. She stood at the door as she was afraid to come into my bedroom. Sure, it was not Flora's, so I was guessing that she did not want to risk being in my presence than she should.

"For god's sake, have a shower already and open the window. You are not a recluse," she said before she went out of my room, not bothering to close the door. I sighed as I got out of my bed and I went to close the door.

I was not feeling like having sore muscles from not moving so much but I guessed I have to make do with pulling the curtains and making my bed before I can take a shower. My skin felt sticky from the water fountain last night as I just changed my clothes, not bothering to shower before bed.

I took my towel as I went into the bathroom. I was looking at the mirror as I was taking in my appearance right now. I was a hot mess, at least to say. My eyes were bloodshot, my nose was red and my dark circles were getting the worst of me. I have seen better days but last night I could not sleep at all. I hoped that I can get it off after I showered.

So, I opened the faucet and I let the warm water just hit my body and my sore muscles. I was not having it. I was demotivated to do things and I don't feel like washing myself.

But of course, that would result in more stinking hours of my day, so I started to shampoo and condition my wet hair, as well as I, washed my body. I also scrubbed my face that maybe have some foundation in it but I don't care. I just wanted the bed right now.

And of course, my day can get any worst.

"Fauna, we have some appointments to make for today. Good thing you don't go to work," my mother said as she was standing in my bedroom as I was picking up my usual outfit, black shirt and jeans and of course, black sneakers. I let my hair air dry because I did not care about my appearance anymore.

"Will you listen to me for one second?"

"No, I was sick and I don't think walking and shopping will help me get better," I said as I was slipping into bed again. My mother was about to give me a handful of her lecture before my phone rang.

Talking about saved by the ring.

I went to pick up my phone that was on the night table when I was still in my towel. I did not recognize the number so I just answer it.

"Hello?" I asked as I was waiting for the other person to say something.

"Oh good, you're awake. I was trying to get to you for the last couple of hours but your boss told me that you were out of the day. Why? Are you sick?" The familiar husky voice that turned my legs to beans and last night's memory was coming flooding my mind.

His perfect lips.

His body heat.

His sensual touch.