Chapter 29

Fauna Kent's POV

After we had spent 2 days in Madeira, my sister had to do something dramatic. And that was showing up last minute when we were about to get familiar with the city. I mean, me not Adam. He was already familiar with it. We were cooking some dinner together as I was making the Portuguese stew that I promised to Adam when the phone rang.

"Can you get my phone, please?" I asked him as I was cutting some vegetables to put into the stew. The meat was ready as it has tenderized over the hours that I was putting it in salt and pepper.

"Sure," Adam said as he was getting out of the kitchen after sipping on the wine. He took my phone before handing it to me after I washed my hand.

"Hello?" I asked the caller on my phone.

"Guess who's back?" was the first thing that my mother told me as I was knocking my eyebrows together.

"Well, certainly not me," I said. She sighed before she told me the bad news.

"Your sister's home. And we wanted you to come home right now with Adam. Put Adam on the phone," she said as she was arguing with my dad before my dad took over.

"Honey, Fauna, give the phone to Adam, please?" He said as I was trying to hide my worries as I was looking at Adam. He was arching his eyebrow at me before I gave the phone to him.

"Here, my dad wants to talk to you," I said as I was smiling weakly at him. He took it as he greeted his father-in-law. I was cutting the vegetables again but my mind wandered out of the kitchen that I was in.

Then, I felt pain as I looked at my finger. It was bleeding.

"Oh my gosh, Fauna! You cut your hand," Adam said as he was grabbing the clean towel and wrapped it around my finger. I was numb. I don't feel any pain, I was in my misery as I was trying to control this emotion.

"Here, let sit here," he said as he went into the living room and put me on the sofa. I was holding the towel when he went to the bathroom and brought the first-aid kit.

"Why are you being clumsy? I know you were good with knives," he said as he was putting some antiseptic to clean my wound. I did not even flinch.

"Fauna?" He asked me as he was looking at me. I looked at him as I was emotionless.

"Why are you not talking to me?"

"Will you go to my sister now that she's back?" I blurted out before I stopped myself. After I registered what I said, I closed my eyes and sighed as Adam had done his job of wrapping my wound.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you were promised to her and now that she's back, my mother will force you to get back together with her," I said as I was looking at my hands. It was wrapped in bandages as I did not aware that Adam had drawn it inside his hands.

"Fauna, I love you. I will never leave you after I just get married to you. Like it or not, you stuck with me until death does us apart," he said as he kissed me on the lips before I can protest. I snaked my arms around his neck before he rested his forehead against mine.

"Well, you have to say that to my mother," I said as I was closing my eyes. He chuckled.

"You might need to get dressed for the flight,"

"Are we over with the honeymoon now?" I asked him as I opened my eyes as I was looking at his stormy eyes.

"We see after we meet your parents first, and your sister. We have to settle everything out," he said as he kissed me again before he went to help me to get a pack and we were on the plane that night.