Chapter 8

Fauna Kent's POV

I was looking outside the window as I saw people were going out to get their lunch or maybe they just finished their lunch. I was smiling as I saw a child that was smiling at her parents as they were walking toward a restaurant.

I did not remember much of my childhood as I was only the second daughter of the family. Flora was always the one that got all the special treatment because my mother told me that she was the best.

She scored the National Spelling Bee.

She won the National Tournament of the Women's basketball team.

She won the Young Scientist program that she got to go to Denmark to enhance it.

I sighed as I was remembering all those bitter memories. The bitter memories but they were my memories and I have to live every single day to remember them. But I was also glad that I got to be the invisible child if I did something bad.

I went to my first concert with my best friend.

I went to the Halloween party with my said best friend and I got to taste beer for the first time.

Then I got to almost kiss the boy that I liked.

Then again, I did not get to do it and my first kiss has been with Adam in that fountain and I think my face blushed at that thought alone.

"Hey, are you okay?" Adam asked me as I was turning to look at his stormy eyes.

His stormy eyes.

Black hair, his chisel jaw, and a strong, aristocratic nose.

I blinked a few times as I was taking in his full lips as it was moving but I seemed to not understand what were they were saying.

"Fauna? Fauna? Fauna, come on, stop staring or I would have to kiss you," he said teasingly as he was parallel parked. He stopped the engine before he turned to look at me. I did not look away as I was looking into his eyes.

"I hope you like the Portuguese food?" He asked me before I went to look at the restaurant that he had chosen.

Restaurante à Portuguese was one of the places that I went to when I was having a bad day, or good day, or anything for that matter because I loved the environment and the food was delicious.

"Okay, I may have not mentioned to you before that I wanted this for lunch—"

"It's fine. I like Portuguese food," I said as I was smiling at him. He blinked a few times before he looked at me.

"You do?"

"Yeah, my mother used to make me Portuguese stew and I have been addicted to it as my nanny was from Portugal," I said as I unfastened the seatbelt. He did the same before we got out and I was still wearing his jacket. His warmth. His claim.

"Oh, that's great then. I hope you're hungry," he said as he smiled at me.

"I've famished actually. I haven't eaten anything since breakfast," I said honestly. He frowned as he looked at me.

"You skipped breakfast?"

"Yeah, I was having some stomachache and headache before my mum asked me to go to appointments with her. I have to stay in the boutique for as long as I can remember and I did not know how much time we spent at the salon," I said as we were walking to the front. Adam held the door for me as I thanked him before I went inside and the warmth that greeted me was familiar.

The restaurant was cozy enough for kids and sensual enough for dates. I don't think we might be going on a date but I hoped that Adam would not notice the atmosphere.