Chapter 13

Fauna Kent's POV

So, I just got a call the next morning after Adam's visit from my mum. It was nothing special really, except it was for my engagement party and I had forgotten about it. The phone rang in the early morning as I was dreaming about Adam and how we would look good together before it was being broken down by that stupid phone.

"Hello?" I asked grumpily because that person was messing with my good dreams.

"Are you still sleeping?" It was the first thought that came to my mum's mind when it was Saturday.

"What is it? Why are you calling me so early?" I asked her as I was plumping back to bed.

"Do you remember what is happening today?" She asked me.

"Umm, holiday? Weekend for me to relax?" I answered honestly but more like questioning my wording.

"It was your engagement party. Yours! Seriously, Fauna, I swear if you are not here by noon, I will personally kill you," my mum said before she hung up. I could not answer her before I looked at the clock.

"Shoot, she will kill me," I said as I was looking at the clock. It was 10:30 AM. Still, there was so much time but I took public transport to get to my parents and the journey was almost an hour long.

I jumped out of bed and was walking into the bathroom before I tripped and fell on my butt as I was slipping on the socks that I did not put on the laundry basket.

"Son of a!" I said before I got up and took a quick shower. I brushed my teeth and cleaned my face before stepping under the freezing water. It was supposed to be Fall but I think I don't enough luxury to pay for hot waters.

"Damn you!" I said as I was hurrying to get the body wash off my body. I did not have time to wash my hair as I was already late. I got out of the shower and put on the sweater and the legging as my real dress was in my bedroom at my parents'. I know if I brought it back, it will wrinkle and dirty even more.

"I should have started to think about presenting myself better," I mumbled before I took my handbag and keys and phone and rushed out the door.

I was getting out of the penthouse (I know, for someone who lived in a penthouse but can't afford warm water, what a joke) and rushed to the lobby. I was trying to get my bus card out before I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned around to look who it was.

"Adam? What are you doing here?" I asked my fiancé as he was smiling at me before he stepped closer to me. My stomach turned and my feet curled up as he went to hold my neck and kissed me squarely on the mouth.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi," I whispered as the effect of the kiss still lingered on my system. He chuckled.

"So, are you ready to go?" He asked as he was holding my hands.

"Yeah, why? But hold on a minute, why are you here?" I asked him as I held up my hand at him.

"Your mum asked me to be here as she knows that you will be late because you will be taking the public transport and will be late for your party," he said as he was amused by me.

"It was your party as well," I said as I was glaring at him. He laughed before he dragged me out of the condominium and went to his car.

"Well, thank you for reminding me then," he said as he kissed me before he opened the door and I went inside. He went to the driver seat and sped off out of the downtown to my parents' house on the top of the hill of some fancy-schmancy suburban.

"Ah, you finally arrive. Thank god," my mother said as I was getting off of the car as well as Adam. He was greeting my mother with kisses on her cheeks and he shook my father's hand.