Chapter Eight

As I ate some Oreos and took some sips from my milkshake, I noticed that the house got crowded and people came group by group so the house easily got filled as the sun went down.

After a few minutes of watching Jannet and Myrna entertain the guests, I walked towards a tall chair and sat on it. At first, I had a little bit of a hard time trying to get over it because it was so tall but at last, I managed to sit on it.

I looked around at the people who were having fun and I smiled but didn't join them because I was already contented with the silence I had. The song that was being played was so loud and I heard nothing but my breath.

I looked beside me to see who spoke with a familiar voice, who asked for a cup of juice. "Travis?" I asked, wondering if it was him. He smiled at me and answered using my name. "Jade!" But the difference was that he was sure of what he was saying.

I nodded my head and gently flipped my hair as he said, "it's kind of a little bit noisy here, do you want to go outside so we can talk?" I nodded again and walked towards the door behind him.

He opened the door and finally, the loud beats and songs left my ears and silence comforted me. "So, what are you doing here?" I asked as he fixed his brown hoodies and blonde hair. "This is our school's party. Celebrating for our football win" I realized that Myrna wasn't lying. What she said was just like what Travis said.

"You? What are you doing here?" He asked as I looked at his eyes that hooked me so much. The cold wind blew my hair away and made me a little bit nervous. "Jannet invited me" he nodded but then asked, "Jannet?" I bit my lips slightly and responded, "She's my best friend" he nodded again and leaned on the chair and I did the same thing.

I tried to calm myself and enjoy the nature around us without the very loud music coming from the house which bothered me earlier that night. Because the fun with the party started, everyone entered the house, and Travis and I were left on a bench.

Silence filled us as we stared at the empty road in front of us. It feels like I have two minds when I thought about what could he be thinking while I was thinking of how I can make him fall in love to let the messenger stop bothering me so I could live freely.

"Umm, do you want to get inside?" With the thought that a lot of people might bother us there, I said no to him then I kept on rubbing my hand using the other one.

I looked at him, and it only took him a few seconds when he looked at me too. "Umm, Travis? Do you mind if I ask you something?" He gave me a bigger smile and nodded his head then I went straight to the point. "Have you ever been in a relationship?" He nodded his head which made me realize that the mailer was right! I gulped and tried not to make it obvious that I knew something.

"Why did you ask?" My eyes widened and I felt so nervous that I would be speechless and I ended up being one. "Nothing. It's just because I'm trying to add names to my assignment. It's where we will make data of people in a relationship and data of people that are not in a relationship. For statistics" he nodded his head and smiled as I looked away and tried to avoid the hot seat.

I even blamed school and statistics. I guess it was a good alibi. "Hey, you guys! What's up! Oh, Travis, I'm so glad you came!" A voice from my back startled me but when I looked back, it was Myrna. Travis smiled as he stood up and said, "hello Myrna!" Myrna smiled and I felt a little bit annoyed that she had caught me talking to him.

"Help me with the guests!" She stated as he went inside. "Hey, Jade! You know him?" Myrna asked as she sat beside me and I nodded. I didn't want to tell her that I met him at St. John street so I put the question back to her. "You?" She looked at me and her curly hair bounced to her shoulders.

"He's my boyfriend's teammate" I wasn't able to believe what she said. It was the only thing that made me realize that Travis was a football player. "He's a football player?" She just nodded her head and smiled. I smiled too so that my shocks won't be obvious.

I scratched my head and tried to flip it even if it was crushed by my chair and my back as well. "So, you want to get inside?" I shook my head and she smiled. "Ok, then" moreover, she left me alone on one bench but the silence stood as music to my ears.

I tried to enjoy the nature around me but when I looked under the table that was in front of me, I froze. I stared at it and noticed that the cardboard was familiar.

Jade, emergency! Leave the party now! I repeat, leave the party now! Please listen to me, you're in danger.

It was so confusing how Xanny's name wasn't there, and the text was too short, thus the cardboard was informal. It was like it was ripped from one whole cardboard.

I looked around and checked if anyone was looking at me, once that my way was clear, I quickly called a Taxi and hopped on it. Later that night, when I was on my bed, I received a text message and doubted that it was from Xanny. But luckily, it wasn't. Jannet was the one who sent me that.

>Where are you?

<I left

>What? Why?

<Family stuff, sorry but I'll catch you at school tomorrow

>Did something bad happen?

<No, everything's fine. Goodnight bestie! Enjoy the party

I worried about her and Myrna so much. I wanted to warn them but I knew that they won't believe me and on the other hand, I was scared to tell them everything about it because I know that Xanny was watching me. But still, I wondered what the danger in the party was.